xfire question

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
had a lok through the FAQ but couldnt see anything!

would prob guess that noone stupid enough to ask this question but here i go!

i have a 3870 powercolour XT 512mb card but recently for some reason OCUK took this card from their site.

however there is still a X2 version of this card.

from what i read this would not work in xfire but i just wanted to double check basically. bacause both cards would be the same clock speed etc.

and because they would both be sitting in the X16 lanes rather than the x8 lanes surely it could work???

what you guys think? and if this wouldnt work what would be better buying 2 more single versions of the card for tri xfire or just buying a single X2 version.

reason im not just buying a 4870 is because of money so im buying the best that i can afford at the moment which around 200/300 a month on computer parts.

to help you get a grasp i will deffinatly be buying DEADSPACE when it comes out because i love those types of games and i want to be able to play it at maximum settings. i have a quad core amd 9850 phenom 8gb of ram and a good asus mobo that supports quad XFIRE.

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
little correction its a GDDR4 version of the powercolour 512mb XT

and for some reason OCUK dnt even sell anything similar to this card no more so no point in thread lol

TRENDING THREADS