Low signal...7-20%

Last year when i got my router everything worked great.It's a Linksys N Ultra Range Plus, model # WRT160N. Just recently I have been having problems. Both mine and my wife's lap tops work fine but I am only showing 2 bars in my sugnal strength. On my PS3 however I only have a fluctuating strength of 7-20%. Last year when I bought the router in was somewhere between 50-70%. Nothing in the house has been rearanged or added that wasn't there when I first installed the router. I plan on just going ahead and hard-wiring my PS3 but I paid entirely too much money for this router to be having this poor of a signal. Please, any input that you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about signal
  1. If router has external antennas, look at Seattlewireless.com antenna pages. Look at simple reflectors that boost the signal. Also longer screw on antennas can be used with reflectors. Take a 1 foot or larger square of tinfoil. Bend in middle 90-130 degrees--Vertical V shape. Set it close behind your router antenna and aim the v at a laptop. If signal jumps way up--you will see what I mean. This stuff works.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Routers Linksys PlayStation Wireless Networking