Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cpu "normal" Temp

Last response: in Overclocking
January 3, 2010 5:13:32 PM

Hi fellas.... i have doubts about my PH2 955 temp...... I was using stock fan in that moment i have 48 c on idle on my CPU. Recently i just got a V8 (looks cool) and now the temp are 43-46 on idle.... That´s make me wonder if it´s the V8 a fiasco.....? I´m usin a thermaltake soprano case and i know everything inside is pretty tight and may be that´s so hot...... anyways these are "normal" temps if it is i must say V8 is useless..

PS I´m not OCing i wish i could.......

More about : cpu normal temp

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 3, 2010 6:53:51 PM

If you have high ambient temps and/or bad airflow yes, 43-46C make sense. On a HAF922 + a Q6600 @3.6Ghz (no SpeedStep )+ Core Contact Freezer 120mm + Scythe 110CFM fan, I only idle at 35-40C.

You may want to:

1. Check your ambient inside the case

2. Re apply/re seat the cooler
m
l
January 4, 2010 4:48:07 PM

i think must be the ambient (external) and the tight of the case..... i´ve reseted the V8 twice....
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a c 86 K Overclocking
January 5, 2010 12:35:15 AM

What is your room temp and is your case full of fans and what are the RPMs?

This from a quote on your case review:
"As a whole, the cooling isn't overwhelming. But it isn't substandard, and the fan clips make for easy changes."

http://www.thetechlounge.com/article/469-2/Thermaltake-...

That case is kinda lacking. Pay attention to another part of the review
"Behind the front bezel is a sizable 140mm intake fan that operates at inaudible speeds but moves very little air, which is in no small part thanks to Thermaltake's standard plastic (admittedly easy-to-clean) fan filter, on top of the constriction provided by the steel chassis and the front bezel's indirect air flow. It's enough for the hard drives, but I wouldn't count on it to pump fresh air across the expansion slots by the gallon. "

Open it up! Cut the back bezel out over the fan, get a wired fan cover, do what you can with the front.

January 5, 2010 4:28:27 PM

i think i can try... but i rather get another case......

thanks man very helpfull of you guys....
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 86 K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 12:32:39 AM

Antec 902. Good case, there are others too.
m
l
!