becks10

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
My new build

Thermaltake 1200W PSU
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
ASUS P5E3 PREMIUM/WIFI-AP X48
2x Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2
Corsair XMS3 DHX TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 7-7-7-20 Dual Channel Memory Kit
2x Western Digital Velociraptor WD3000GLFS 300GB SATA2 10000RPM
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

After putting everything together, everything was running fine but I was not getting anything on my monitor. I tried tried each of my video cards by themselves, both made no difference. All the power connectors are plugged in. I've also tried multiple RAM configs to no avail. The monitor shouldn't be the problem as it works fine on my current computer. What gives? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS jumper? Unplug the system and remove the battery when you reset the jumper. I know my Maximus Formula has a reset switch on the I/O panel in back. You may try just simply unplugging the sytem for a few minutes. If no help, then try removing the battery and reseting the switch. Instructions are in the MB manual.

becks10

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I reset the CMOS jumper, no success. I also removed the battery and reset the jumper but it did not do anything either. Am I looking at a problem with the motherboard itself? Is this something I'm gonna have to RMA?

akandy

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
I was ocing my rig and it froze up on me so I had to restart it. After restart I also had no signal to my monitor. I also had no post beep or error beeps when I took out all the ram but the first thing I did was reset the bios using the jumper but that didn't help so I took out the battery for a minute, that also didn't help. I called tech support and they told me to try taking the battery out for a half hour and holly crap everything works fine now! Maybe that will do it. good luck