Sign in with
Your question

What the heck is wrong with the sound on my PC?

Last response: in Components
December 17, 2008 1:43:56 AM

So I replaced my motherboard, GPU, and PSU last night. I just got done installing all the drivers and whatnot for them. My sound is really weird now. I have a new thing in my task tray called Realtek HD Audio Manager, which I guess came with my motherboard (Asus P5Q Pro).

The problem with my sound is, everything is really "echoy" sounding. Like when I play a game or watch a video, it sounds like the people are in a tunnel or something. Does anyone know what the problem could be, and how to fix it?

More about : heck wrong sound

December 17, 2008 2:56:16 AM

Your HD Audio Manager probably has some environmental effect enabled. Look through it and see if you can spot anything like that.
December 17, 2008 3:14:26 AM

Yep, good call. That's what it was. After messing around for a while, I finally found where it was coming from. It had some environmental effects enabled, like you said. I disabled all sound effects, and now it seems to be normal again.
December 17, 2008 3:35:46 AM

loose audio jacks or your realtek hd audio manager applied a 3d environment to the sound which you can easily disable on that program.
!