What the heck is wrong with the sound on my PC?

So I replaced my motherboard, GPU, and PSU last night. I just got done installing all the drivers and whatnot for them. My sound is really weird now. I have a new thing in my task tray called Realtek HD Audio Manager, which I guess came with my motherboard (Asus P5Q Pro).

The problem with my sound is, everything is really "echoy" sounding. Like when I play a game or watch a video, it sounds like the people are in a tunnel or something. Does anyone know what the problem could be, and how to fix it?
3 answers Last reply
More about what heck wrong sound
  1. Your HD Audio Manager probably has some environmental effect enabled. Look through it and see if you can spot anything like that.
  2. Yep, good call. That's what it was. After messing around for a while, I finally found where it was coming from. It had some environmental effects enabled, like you said. I disabled all sound effects, and now it seems to be normal again.
  3. loose audio jacks or your realtek hd audio manager applied a 3d environment to the sound which you can easily disable on that program.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Components