Solved

Can I OC a PC with these specs?

Intel E7500 Core2Duo (2.93 Ghz) 1066MHz (3Mb) ($120.00)
ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU (1333MHz) ($56.00)
*I heard this (ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU) isn't good for OC. is it true?
2GB DDR2 PC800 Kingston
SATA 500Gb Seagate 7200rpm (32Mb?)
1 Gb Palit GF9500GT 128bit *I'd like to stick with NVidia
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212
650W Power Supply

I plan on building a budget pc with these specs which would cost me around $400.00 and then OC it for better performance. I'm just not sure if the mobo I chose is okay for overclocking. I chose these parts because they're cheap.

So..

Are the parts I chose okay for overclocking?..

And i know that each processor would vary from others, but can you give me a rough idea on how much speed i can POSSIBLY reach when i overclock this type of processor if I would limit at 65C temp?

Is the CPU Cooler okay?

Does anyone know of a link where an Overclock was made using this mobo? ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU

-Alterock07
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about specs
  1. Best answer
    very good cooler.

Speed? As they say, YMMV.
  2. Get AMD instead with your budget, could oc well, try browse the web first to see which mobo has a good oc capability.

So far as I know a 785 chipset will serve you well
  3. -end-
  4. cybergunkoo81 said:
    Get AMD instead with your budget, could oc well, try browse the web first to see which mobo has a good oc capability.

So far as I know a 785 chipset will serve you well

Just in case you were wondering, I ended up with an i3 and an ATI graphics card.. :-)
    But yeah, AMD would is a good suggestion for budget PCs. thanks for the suggestion, btw.
  5. Best answer selected by alterock07.
  6. you will be able to goto 3.8ghz +- i have a rig with very similar specs got it upto 4.0 ghz
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking Asus