Sign in with
Your question

Intel DP45SG Motherboard Sound Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
January 21, 2009 1:26:43 PM

Hi,

I've just completed another PC, this one having the Intel DP45SG Extreme motherboard. This PC was built to see what performance may be gained by staying on a 1333MHz level.

The required audio drivers for Windows XP or Vista is the IDT audio software that can be downloaded from the Intel site. Although I know this isn't necessary, I've removed and reloaded this software three or four times and the identical problem occurs. The sound has a 'skip' or it breaks up. Whatever term I use, the problem basically is that the sound does not come out in a steady stream. Sort of like when a video stream breaks up...well this is with the audio.

I don't seem to be able to find anyone having this issue but then, I don't seem to be able to find many people who have this board. I've built hundreds of PCs and this is the first sound problem I've come across.

In case it's important, the motherboard has 4GB of DDR3 Kingston memory at 1333MHz. The processor is an Intel E8500 at 3.16GHz and I'm running WIndows XP-32, Windows XP-64, Vista-32 Ultiimate and Vista-64 Ultimate. I have the drivers loaded for XP-32 and Vista-64. The same problem occurs with both systems. Also, just for grins, I attempted to load Realtek universal drivers and Sigmatel audio software. Both are rejected somewhere during the installation because they figure out they aren't compatable.

Any help or direction on this would be appreciated. I would just remove the board and try another but that gets costly and there's only a few available at the 1333MHz level. Also, I don't think it's actually a board problem but more of a driver problem or maybe an adjustment problem. I'm hesitant on all these guesses because there shouldn't have to be any modifications at all to load a simple sound driver.

Thanks a lot...Vince
January 28, 2009 12:18:08 PM

I´m have the same problem.... :(  And don´t found a solution for this problem at this moment... :??: 

eversonmachado@gmail.com if any solutions appear! Thanks a lot.... ;) 
January 28, 2009 12:40:53 PM

Hmm, very peculiar. The fact that 2 of you have the same issue is hopefully a sign that it's a software issue. What version of the BIOS do you have (the latest is 108 from 1/14/2009), and what version of the driver are you attempting to install. Also, be sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed. Have you tried testing with headphones/alternative speakers? One more suggestion that will eliminate hardware as the cause would be to boot to another OS, like with a Linux live disc (try Ubuntu), and see if the sound is working that way.
Related resources
January 28, 2009 1:52:40 PM

Nope...none of that. I always download the latest drivers, I have three sets of speakers and three PCs. It's either the board or the board's software. I've already ordered a replacement, which won't be a DP45SG. Thanks anyway.

Vince...
January 28, 2009 2:31:54 PM

Try one of the Live OS discs and see what you get, but I can't blame you, that board has been nothing but trouble for everyone I know that purchased one.
February 6, 2009 1:14:54 AM

Hi-

I have the same issue, with both version of the IDT package from Intel(July and August builds), with both 0093 and 0108 BIOS.

I uninstalled AND DELETED the drivers, and then found REALTEK drivers(VISTA_R214.ZIP) and used those. No more skips- although you do lose the interface from Intel.

This is just short term for me until I get a real soundcard for Vinyl Rips.
February 15, 2009 5:00:37 PM

I'm having the exact same skipping prooblem with my DP45SG. I too have tried a whole suite of IDT drivers to no avail. I suppose I'll take a peek at those REALTEK drivers, but I'm not hopeful. Yes, I also updated chipset, etc...
February 15, 2009 5:07:57 PM

reidcc said:
Hi-

I have the same issue, with both version of the IDT package from Intel(July and August builds), with both 0093 and 0108 BIOS.

I uninstalled AND DELETED the drivers, and then found REALTEK drivers(VISTA_R214.ZIP) and used those. No more skips- although you do lose the interface from Intel.

This is just short term for me until I get a real soundcard for Vinyl Rips.

How did you know which REALTEK driver to use?
This skipping is driving me nuts...
February 15, 2009 6:11:48 PM

Search for Vista_R214.zip

Thats the one I am using.

Chris
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2009 12:27:30 AM

soundcard works onli with XPsp3 and Wista ps1
February 23, 2009 1:16:34 PM

so in the end, i just grabbed a cheap pci sound card and got rid of the problem. I don't need 5.1 anyway, just wanted Winamp to stop skipping...
March 9, 2009 2:01:04 AM

OK i had the same problem. I figured mine out though...It wasw the front audio ports connection that was causing the problem. As soon as i pulled the connector from the mobo, audio went steady and clear... :) 

What i think it is is the sensor wires on some port connectors dont have a presence feed back wire and this mobo asssumes it does so when you connect or diconnect thats when the sound starts to break up...

WHat i did was pull :::.: the two sensing wires shoing on the mobos paper chart that came with it and sounds is perfect.

Dont need the sensing anyways. I know what i have connected always anyways i see no use 4 it.

I hope people dont get discoraged from this mobo as i have done many stable setups with it.

Verry good luck send me a messege if u need mo hlp... numone@2plain.com
March 12, 2009 4:07:38 PM

freshguy said:
OK i had the same problem. I figured mine out though...It wasw the front audio ports connection that was causing the problem. As soon as i pulled the connector from the mobo, audio went steady and clear... :) 

Great! Used your solution for a build I did. Had the exact same problems.
However the case (Antec Sonata SOLO) in which the mobo is has two different connectors for front audio: "HD Audio" and "AC'97". What confused me is the mobo, which has "Audio" and "HD Audio Link" connectors on the board. So I figuered that I was supposed to use the "AC'97" connector from the case in the "Audio" connector on the mobo, because the "HD Audio" connector doesn't fit in the "HD Audio Link" connector on the mobo.

But now I tried switching the connectors from the case and now it works!
Thank you!
March 18, 2009 11:24:08 AM

freshguy said:

after reading your post, i immediately shutdown my pc and open my case to remove th front audio panel port that connects to the motherboard... now, it really works well :)  thanks for the tip that you posted, im thinking twice to return this motherboard for RMA :)  thanks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2009 3:29:31 PM

christianspoer said:
Great! Used your solution for a build I did. Had the exact same problems.
However the case (Antec Sonata SOLO) in which the mobo is has two different connectors for front audio: "HD Audio" and "AC'97". What confused me is the mobo, which has "Audio" and "HD Audio Link" connectors on the board. So I figuered that I was supposed to use the "AC'97" connector from the case in the "Audio" connector on the mobo, because the "HD Audio" connector doesn't fit in the "HD Audio Link" connector on the mobo.

But now I tried switching the connectors from the case and now it works!
Thank you!

Did you use the cases HD plug in the AC97 MOB socket and it works? I was wondering this, as i have the same arrangement.

My case is a Cool Master CM690 and had the same problem. The case panel HD socket is 10 pin the same as the AC97 socket, where as the connector on the MOB's HD socket is 16 pin.

I don't want to just disconnect the case panel and not be able to use the jacks etc. Seems "freshguy" just removed the two bridging wires on the case AC97 socket and it work. I might try that if the HD plug doesn't work.

April 29, 2009 3:16:36 PM

I am facing same problem with the IDT audio driver - choppy audio stream.
I think it is more of a software issue. Any help would be appreciated.
April 29, 2009 4:47:38 PM

guys it's not relevant but do you have a problem like secondary PCI EX works at 8X with the same board? I have posted an issue a couple of days ago but all answer were far from that i needed. If you have a problem like this, could you post something helpful? I would be very much appreciated. Just as you said, this board nothing but trouble..!
May 4, 2009 5:52:31 PM

I have the same problem too..
it stops and then play..again stops..
it is not continuous..
i just bought the board today...
May 7, 2009 3:55:13 PM

h iam planning to get this board.i doubt wheather the xp or vista can support 4 gb...they are compatiable with 3 gb or lesser ...think this might solve ur prob ...if ur prob is solved pls mail me at charnu_ashok@yahoo.com or ashok.saga@gmail.com
June 13, 2009 2:17:03 PM

I'm having the same problem too, the sound seems to be skipped constantly. I tried keeping the volume low and there was no flaw in the output. I think the problem is with the smps since the performance is high, we need to put in an smps with higher watts. Try something with the range of 550 watts or above...
June 15, 2009 5:02:48 PM

No..the problem is with the front audio ports..
if you disconnect it there wont be any problem..it woks perfect ...
the problem is , the IDT detects some hardware changes in the front ports.. so it cuts the sound to the back ports and give the control to front ports...
September 7, 2009 4:32:19 AM

I have this same problem with this DP45SG board, the sound breaks up, but one think i found is when the system volume is less, it does not break up, only when the system volume is full, this sound break up occurs, anyway i do think its the problem with communication b/w the audio driver and hardware.
I too have tried installing latest IDT drivers, still no use, any other solution other than removing the front port connections would be of great help. Thanks!!

December 9, 2009 2:33:05 PM

I too have the same problem"
I Bought DP45sg today and my sound breaks up!!
Feeling very sad
Pls tell me some solution orelse shud i want to change the board?
pls do reply!
u can mail me at mohammed_arabu@yahoo.co.in
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 11, 2009 12:20:59 PM

Solution for Sound problem:
Win Xp will not support this motherboard;
This motherboard will support higher tahn xp like vista, windows 7
install tat and get rid of the problem InshaAllah!!
My configuration is DP45SG motherboard, core 2 QUAD processor and 2 GB Ram
I Installed windows 7 and its working!!!!
December 22, 2009 4:12:53 AM

haii i buyed dp45sg mother board with great prefomance itz amazing the sound problem is now fixed with audio driver of latest version of mother board DG 45ID IT COOL AND ITZZ WORKING 100% TRY IT
December 30, 2009 1:39:45 AM

running windows 64 bit -uninstalled all IDT software and drivers and using default microsoft driver and all seems to be working now :Þ
January 21, 2010 8:01:23 PM

:hello: 
You Should Plugin the 4pin Power cable here !!!

this is your Solutions for this problem!
enjoy it!
- If your Windows is Vista
After you Instal all Drivers you should restart and then you should Remove and reinstall your Audio Device! :love: 

:non:  At the first time Please install the MainBoard Drivers then install VGA and more...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 27, 2010 11:35:59 AM

i had the same problem in DP45SG MotherBoard. I figured mine out though...It was the Front Audio Ports Connection that was causing the problem. As soon as i pulled the connector from the Motherboard, Audio went steady and clear... :)  :)  Working fine but my Front Audio Not working... :non:  :non: 
Jeetu. :hello: 

March 4, 2010 9:04:41 AM

I am facing the same problem in DP45SG,. Seems that this mother board is having audio issue.Geting customer care help is very tedious job.. I had Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 Sound Card. I installed it and Audio is running smooth.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 19, 2010 1:49:31 AM

Hi!!! I'm from Vietnam , so at first, I want to say sorry if my English not well.
I'm live in Vietnam but my motherboard - same with yours (DP45SG) - was bought from USA. I used it just half month but I had a few problem like you: sometimes, audio was "skip" & "break". I try many ways, at last, I get the audio cable of front panel out of motherboard, audio works normally.

1/ And now, I have another problem between Line out (Green) & Line in (Blue). At first, I pluged Line out to speakers, it worked (Line in was set Side speakers). But, when I set the Line in (Blue) to Line in, Line out no sound.

2/ I tried to remove & reload (3-4 times). It's was the same: After remove & reload: Line In & Line Out work normally. I'm very happy but another problem appear: my Audio software can not work with this sound (IDT audio). It's always give this message (twice before software run):

"The audio input is not activated. Recording audio is not possible. Please check your input configuration."

I tried many ways, but it still not work correctly.

And I'm very supprise that when I shut down computer, the problem is same with 1/ (Line out no sound when the Line in is set Line in). And...... again: remove & ei-install, it works :cry: 

Anyone knows to fix it. Let show me how to do???

May be I will buy another soundcard, I think :fou:  :sarcastic: 

Thanks a lot... HahaMIDI
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 22, 2010 1:45:53 PM

:bounce:  I had the same problem and bought new speakers only to find out didnt help. Then I pulled the front header audio connector from the MB which connects to the case and WALA! Problem finally solved.
I'm very dissapoointed in Intel, they realy dropped the ball on this one!

Just pull the plug and leave the front header audio port empty or not connected it works and sounds better than before! :pt1cable: 
November 15, 2011 5:01:30 AM

Hello
I have dp45sg sond driver installation problem hellp me
motherbord dp45sg
ddr3 ram 2gb
core 2 duo 2.2
500 hdd
128 vga card
Afraz_iqbal@hotmail.com
November 17, 2011 5:33:59 AM

I think that you can overcome the fault by having a headset pluged into the front panel at the same time that you have the speakers connected to the rear panel. It seems that sound is not hanging in my case with that combination.

Victor
August 4, 2012 3:49:34 PM

I had the same problem. I solved it by uninstalling the IDT driver and rebooting. Upon reboot, Windows (Windows 7 Pro 64 bit) detected the audio circuits on the motherboard and installed drivers for it. No audio skips now.
!