Linksys wrt54g v8 router problem

G

My linksys wrt54g v8 router has suddenly started giving me an error message "no internet connection" yet the network is working. I downloaded new firmware and still could not get past the same error message after resetting the router and trying to use the startup disk. It just doesn't recognise the internet connection. Yet it setup the basic network and that works, but will not allow me to set up the rest of the security, etc because of that error msg. Could this be a hardware problem? It also can't find the shareable printers that were working before.

G

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that several times and just tried once more and it tells me the network is working then goes to check status and comes back with"no internet connection". I am ready to just try a new router.......... Any other suggestions? Bob

festerovic

Distinguished
Sounds like it is corrupted. Before I would try a new router, I would try to reset the router to factory defaults the hard way, with the button on the back. Do this:

turn it on
Press the button on back continuously and for not less than 20 seconds.
Plug back in.
Observe lights on front.

If Power is continuously blinking, it means that it needs to be flashed with new firmware, and requires a different approach than the web page for updating the firmware.