Help low CPU performance on 3dmark?

tim_tank

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
So i bought a new 8800gt oc bfg from nvidia and everyything works fine and dandy. just when i run the 3dbenchmark test my game performace is very good FPS but the CPU performance gets like 20fps for the 2nd test.. what's up with this i dont understand why its so low? is it my motherboard or processor? I have:

AMD Athlon 4400+ 2.3Ghz dual Core Processor- test results for benchmark? any1 help me or point me towards a better thing i need to get my CPU performance up? thanks

bench.jpg

WHY IS THE FPS SO LOW ON CPU PERFORMANCE?

Kari

Splendid
it is supposed to be like that (low fp that is)

with the newer 3dmark06 even the fastest quadcore gets like 3 or 4 fps... it's all about the math you don't see on the screen, not just fancy fireworks and stuff, but some A.I. and physics and stuff

your cpu is getting a bit old tbh, have you tried overclocking it?

I run a Quad Core (Q6600) @ 3.2Ghz, and the 3dMark06 CPU tests result in VERY low FPS. That's the whole point of the benchmark. Regardless of your processor, it is supposed to tax it as much as possible.

And like Kari said, your CPU is getting a bit old. Wouldn't hurt to upgrade soon if you can afford it. :) Newer games will run a lot better with a more up to date processor.

And to keep it fair, I used to have the AMD X2 4400+ before I installed my current CPU. ;)