Sign in with
Your question

Adding Peripherals From Old Computer To An HP Pavilion a6600f

Last response: in Components
December 17, 2008 8:00:44 PM

Im going to buy an HP a6600f. The specs say the motherboard is a Napa-GL8E. What I need to add on is my Seagate 7200.10 as a second internal hard drive and my Samsung writemaster DVD burner (why not have two?). As far as what I need to fit into the PCI slots: Linksys wireless PCI card, M-Audiophile 2496 sound card for my stereo, and a PC TV tuner card. How much of this carp (not the fish) can I get in there? :smileytongue: Any help would be appreciated. Or maybe Tom himself can honor me with his input. :pt1cable:  Thanks.
December 17, 2008 11:50:00 PM

Anyone? Bueller?
December 18, 2008 1:03:46 AM

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...;=en&product=3757425

the hdd and dvd seem no problem. mb has 4 sata and 1 pata (2 IDE drives).
problem is that it only has 1 pci slot. so you could go either usb for the wireless and tv tuner or get pci-express versions as there are two spare slots.

hope this helps
December 18, 2008 3:28:57 AM

Oh man, thanks, didn't think anyone will respond. Shoot, so the killing of PCI slots has begun by motherboard manufacturers I guess. Hmmm, well the wireless I don't really need (I'm wired and my roommate isn't. It's basically a card I had from before and just use it to trouble shoot if his connection is having issues.) So no loss in dough there, and the TV tuner deal I haven't even figured out what I need to do yet, which leaves me that slot for my groovy audio card. Looks like it'll work just fine. Thanks again.
Related resources
!