Adding Peripherals From Old Computer To An HP Pavilion a6600f

Im going to buy an HP a6600f. The specs say the motherboard is a Napa-GL8E. What I need to add on is my Seagate 7200.10 as a second internal hard drive and my Samsung writemaster DVD burner (why not have two?). As far as what I need to fit into the PCI slots: Linksys wireless PCI card, M-Audiophile 2496 sound card for my stereo, and a PC TV tuner card. How much of this carp (not the fish) can I get in there? :smileytongue: Any help would be appreciated. Or maybe Tom himself can honor me with his input. :pt1cable: Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about adding peripherals computer pavilion a6600f
  1. Anyone? Bueller?
  2. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01357119&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us<=en&product=3757425

the hdd and dvd seem no problem. mb has 4 sata and 1 pata (2 IDE drives).
    problem is that it only has 1 pci slot. so you could go either usb for the wireless and tv tuner or get pci-express versions as there are two spare slots.

hope this helps
  3. Oh man, thanks, didn't think anyone will respond. Shoot, so the killing of PCI slots has begun by motherboard manufacturers I guess. Hmmm, well the wireless I don't really need (I'm wired and my roommate isn't. It's basically a card I had from before and just use it to trouble shoot if his connection is having issues.) So no loss in dough there, and the TV tuner deal I haven't even figured out what I need to do yet, which leaves me that slot for my groovy audio card. Looks like it'll work just fine. Thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components