Sign in with
Your question

Sata Drive Recognition

Last response: in Storage
March 2, 2010 4:40:55 PM

Firstly, I my current operating system is Windows 7 RC. In preparation for a migration to Windows 7 (64), I purchased a Western Digital VelociRaptor 300g hard drive (yes I considered my native power supply in the purchase). Three days ago I installed same and from that point on have been at a loss of why Windows 7 RC can not "see" the drive while the firmware BIOS has no such problem. Following a discussion with Techs at ASUS (the motherboard manufacture) they indicate that the bios is configured properly. MY Techs at Iyog are at a loss. It appears that this is an on going problem with Windows, does anyone out there have a work arounhd with windowqs?

More about : sata drive recognition

a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
March 2, 2010 5:09:08 PM

Go to the control panel / Administrative tools / Computer Management/ Storage / Disk Managment. From there you should be able to format or just add a drive letter as per your needs.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
March 2, 2010 5:10:17 PM

Did you create and format a partition on the drive? You need to do that before Windows will see the volume - you can go to disk management (just search for "disk management" in the start search and one of the options will say "create and format hard disk partitions") to set it up.
m
l
!