Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Decent cooler needed for ASRock p55 Deluxe/extreme

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 3:05:51 PM

Hi,
I have an ASRock p55 Deluxe (1156) & am having cooler problems. First up the board contains both older skt 775 & standard 1156 mounting holes. However when trying any of my previous heatpipe coolers on the board in 775 configuration they don't fit.

The Coolermaster Hyper 6+ just won't fit because of how the brackets are, & the 775 push pin Scythe Mine wouldn't fit flush at all with out obstruction. The Mine cooler has 1156 brackets available to buy but on checking the cooler on the CPU how it will be positioned the Capacitors surrounding the socket are still causing obstruction.

So I'm left with the task of finding another decent 'push pin' 3rd party heatpipe cooler for a good 4 Ghz overclock on the i7 860 as I'm stuck with that tiny (& I mean tiny) stock cooler, I'm aware that the chips may run cooler but that things small!

Does anyone have any suggestions ?
January 20, 2010 7:13:37 PM

I'm using the Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2 with the same board. It's a new build but my temps are never higher than 55C under heavy benchmarking/burn-in tests.

I have an Antec 900 will all fan slots filled.

So far so good.

My only complaint with the AC are the push pins. Be sure to remove the fan before mounting on the bracket.

March 22, 2010 7:06:25 PM

dedicatedx said:
I'm using the Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2 with the same board. It's a new build but my temps are never higher than 55C under heavy benchmarking/burn-in tests.

I have an Antec 900 will all fan slots filled.

So far so good.

My only complaint with the AC are the push pins. Be sure to remove the fan before mounting on the bracket.



Do you have ram in all 4 slots on that board as well, and if not-- would this fan still work? (Guesstimate)
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2010 9:14:09 PM

tyranist said:
Do you have ram in all 4 slots on that board as well, and if not-- would this fan still work? (Guesstimate)

It depends on what RAM you have. If it has large heat fins, then maybe not. I've got a set of G.Skill Ripjaws with small heat fins and the Core Contact Freezer barely had room over the top of the RAM, but plenty above the caps and the heatpipes on the MOSFETs. Kept my nice and cool, but I was only borrowing that cooler from a friend til I could get my H50, which keeps it around 10C cooler than the CCF did. I'd go with either one of those, depending on what case you have. The CCF requires 143mm of clearance, and most other tower coolers require more, so you'd need a full tower case for one.

Read some of the articles on this website: http://www.frostytech.com/

They've got everything you'd ever want to know about these coolers, including how much space is left under the actual heatsink for clearance of the MOSFET heatsinks and RAM.
March 22, 2010 9:28:27 PM

jedimasterben said:
It depends on what RAM you have. If it has large heat fins, then maybe not. I've got a set of G.Skill Ripjaws with small heat fins and the Core Contact Freezer barely had room over the top of the RAM, but plenty above the caps and the heatpipes on the MOSFETs. Kept my nice and cool, but I was only borrowing that cooler from a friend til I could get my H50, which keeps it around 10C cooler than the CCF did. I'd go with either one of those, depending on what case you have. The CCF requires 143mm of clearance, and most other tower coolers require more, so you'd need a full tower case for one.

Read some of the articles on this website: http://www.frostytech.com/

They've got everything you'd ever want to know about these coolers, including how much space is left under the actual heatsink for clearance of the MOSFET heatsinks and RAM.



Thank you for the reply. I have the Gskill ram as well. My case is an Antec 900, and obviously using the same mobo as you.

I should be good with the Arctic Cooler. Thanks again!
!