Windows 7 and Hard Drive

G

Hi all,

Have quite an odd problem that I need help with. I was running an evaluation copy of windows 7 until recently due to the copy running out. I downloaded a torrent version of win 7 and installed that instead (illegal :/). It was working perfectly until this evening when i went to shut down and it installed all the updates. Since then on reboot it says I need to reinstall windows 7 (updates will have noticed that its an illegal copy) but oddly my PC is now not recognising my hard disk at all and now I cannot reinstall anything. I have also tried to reinstall an old copy of XP but again it says that there is no hard disk etc.

I have checked all connections etc. and my HD has 700 GB of space. Is it possible that win 7 updates screwed up my hard disk as i was using an illegal copy or is there another reason for this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot

G

on both Win 7 and XP it says that there is no hard drive. I have tried to load the driver during setup aswell but it still says that there is nothing there. i.e no driver found, it is incredibly odd. any ideas?