Sign in with
Your question

Watercooling GTX295

Last response: in Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2010 4:39:10 PM

I want to OC my GTX 295 soon. However as it already runs anywhere between 75 - 85c while under load I think a better cooling solution is needed. I have absolutely no experience of water cooling at all. I do have a large case (Cosmos S) which supports watercooling so was just wondering if someone could tell me exactly what I need?

Many thanks.

More about : watercooling gtx295

January 6, 2010 11:24:00 PM

lol, definitely the best way of referring the guide
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 8:08:36 AM

Yeah really funny, didn't think of that...... However you get the cool block but do you have to buy the pipes and fluid seperately etc?
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 1:27:41 PM

You will need everything...I don't know of any "kit" that will have everything for a gtx295. You will need:

- radiator (240 size preferably) ~$60 - $100
- pump ~$50
- waterblock for the videocard ~$100
- 2x fans for radiator ~$40
- hose/connectors ~$25
- distilled water + pt nuke ~$10

all this might cost around $350 after shipping and tax. try frozencpu or danger den for parts. and as always...ask questions before you buy...there are a lot of knowledgeable people around here that can help.
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 7:37:00 PM

Many thanks for the last two posts, a least some people are helpful with manners.

Much appreciated guys. I suppose I could see how much I could get for a trade in and put the cost of a water block I was going to spend on one of the new DX11 Radeon cards. Thanks for the tips.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2010 1:29:39 AM

Kkkk1 said:
Yeah really funny, didn't think of that...... However you get the cool block but do you have to buy the pipes and fluid seperately etc?

If you READ the guide it would have answered your questions.
January 8, 2010 5:55:59 AM

there is a cooling unit available from cooler master.....only 1 unit is made.....for vga, cpu, chipset etc....heres the link.,....

personally i would recommend it becuase one of my friends use it. and it works fine.
Its called AQUA GATE.....green ***.... : )

http://www.guru3d.com/article/coolermaster-aquagate-max...
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2010 4:46:49 PM

Shadow703793 said:
If you READ the guide it would have answered your questions.

Ahhhh, now I see what you mean........

When I originally clicked on your link I just got the google search screen, however i've just logged back on on my work laptop and it takes me to a guide. Maybe I need to update flash or something on my other PC. Many thanks for the help I thought you were being sarcastic before. Appologies
!