Direct TV DVR

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 10, 2005 11:26:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

I just got the Tivo DVR system Direct tv...Can someone help me how to stop
the automatic recordings that are found in the "Now Playing" list...This
system records everything on it's own...Thanks

More about : direct dvr

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:26:58 PM

socaman (socaman45@yahoo.com) wrote in alt.video.digital-tv:
> I just got the Tivo DVR system Direct tv...Can someone help me how to stop
> the automatic recordings that are found in the "Now Playing" list...This
> system records everything on it's own...Thanks

First, RTFM, because it explains this and many other things.

But, if you refuse to do that (and miss out on all the good stuff the
unit can do), you can just turn off "Automatically record TiVo Suggestions"
in the "System Setup" menu.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverTheHedge/HighTech.gif
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 12:17:41 AM

"socaman" <socaman45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just got the Tivo DVR system Direct tv...Can someone help me how to stop
> the automatic recordings that are found in the "Now Playing" list...This
> system records everything on it's own...Thanks

If it is like a regular, stand-alone, Tivo - then the automatic recordings
are "Suggestions" - on my SA device they have a little TIVO logo next to
them.

In one of the set-up menus you can configure Tivo not to record
Suggestions - and then the Now Playing list will only contain shows you've
specifically asked it to record, season passed, or shows which correspond to
a wishlist you've set up.

It only records suggestions if there is spare space avaulable AIUI (it
doesn't delete recordings to make space for suggestions, and suggestions are
the first things to be zapped if you are low on space) - I've left it on
just to have a laugh at what it thinks I might like to watch. Sometimes
spookily accurate, sometimes laughably wrong, occasionally worrying!

Steve
!