Creating a Home Media Streaming Server

Cuddles

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
Ok, I don't know what the hell I'm doing but I'm trying to learn. What I want to do is setup an Apache Server to stream my Media Files and Video through a Web Browser and I think I'm kind of close but alas I'm going no where. So I'm turning to the best for help and maybe I'll learn a few things along the way.
It kind of started with this:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/how_to_stream_your_music_library_any_computer
and I thought now that would be cool to do.

First the Facts:
I run a DSL to a Modem/Router that has 864+ up and 3.3 MB's Down.

The Router is a Actiontec GT704-WG The Address is dynamic thus it is changing but not alot as I don't shut down the Router except once a month and connect to open DNS.
The Router address is 198.162.1.1 (but you could already guess that).

Computer 1 is hosting the Media Files on Drive H. The OS is Vista Home Premium 64bit.
The Address is Static: 198.162.1.12

Computer 2 doesn't host anything but serves more as a backup. The OS is Windows XP 2nd Edition
The Address is 198.162.1.13

I'm pretty sure I loaded XAMPP right and configured NetJukebox alright but when I type the address plus Netjukebox I get a 404 error. ie I type 78.126.23.1:8080/netjukebox I get the 404 error.

So Help...please.

Cuddles

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
The silence pretty much sums it up in that if I had followed the directions exactly there should be no real reason why I shouldn't be able to get into my network from the outside.
I'll take it that my router is fubar and I need to replace it.

G

No, did you forward port 8080 to 192.168.1.12? If you read the whole article, it's mentioned in the comments.

G

Are you trying to access your Media Server from with your network? Try it from an outside connection.