Can you help me?

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Video
  • Email
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 7, 2011 5:22:35 PM

i try to email videos but my computer says i need to set up a default email program i know this is silly but how do i do that im running windows 7

More about : question

September 7, 2011 5:22:35 PM

i try to email videos but my computer says i need to set up a default email program i know this is silly but how do i do that im running windows 7
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 5:52:56 PM

Can you elaborate on how you are trying to e-mail videos?

Are you attempting to send a link to a video? Are you just clicking on the "email to a friend" type of link that is trying open up an e-mail program?

If you had Outlook, or are using the mail client in Win7, it should work. If not, there is often a way to send a link to that same video.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 5:53:23 PM

Install an email program like Thunderbird, Outlook or any of the other hundred out there and set it to be the default. Also remember most email servers have limits on how big an email can be. Most limit to 5MB in size.
m
l
a c 256 $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 6:02:30 PM

You install something live Windows Live or Thunderbird to use you e-mail account settings (like Yahoo Mail or Gmail, etc). Pretty straight forward. I recommend Thunderbird. Link is below:

http://www.mozilla.org/

Just click on the Thunderbird icon and follow the directions. Good luck!
m
l
September 7, 2011 6:10:02 PM

is it a home video ?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 6:42:32 PM

though your isp may have a file size limit on emails--i think mine only allows 20mb attachments
m
l
a c 421 $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 7:03:14 PM

This next topics has been merged by Area51reopened
  • Can you help me?
    m
    l
    September 8, 2011 1:44:54 PM

Is it your own video or one on a website ?
    m
    l
    !