Solved

Help with EPU Error Message

Last response: in Overclocking
January 7, 2010 3:31:36 PM

I just had a system built:
Asus M4N78 Pro GeForce Motherboard with a AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ Socket AM2 Cpu
Running Win 7
I know he overclocked the system and I'm getting an error message that reads:
EPU cannot launch under system overclocking please restart your system.
I restart and I still get the message.
The error message is showing up in the "hidden icons" list.
What is this, what does it mean and how do I fix it? Or will it hurt anything to just leave it the way it is?
Thanks.

More about : epu error message

Best solution

January 7, 2010 6:07:34 PM

EPU is an ASUS software for computer power management. It will downclock your cpu and lower the cpu voltage to save energy. It is automatically disabled when you overclock your computer because lowered voltage and increased processor frequency would cause instability. If you want to keep your overclock and you aren't worried about power saving, you can click on the icon and deselect the start up option to prevent the message from showing up.
January 7, 2010 11:33:36 PM

chemman10 said:
EPU is an ASUS software for computer power management. It will downclock your cpu and lower the cpu voltage to save energy. It is automatically disabled when you overclock your computer because lowered voltage and increased processor frequency would cause instability. If you want to keep your overclock and you aren't worried about power saving, you can click on the icon and deselect the start up option to prevent the message from showing up.

Thank you so much for this information. After just buying and having this computer built I didn't want to do anything to harm it. From what I could find I knew it had something to do with energy savings but that is about it. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my message.
m
l
Related resources
!