Rift in SWG Management?

There's a new expansion coming out: Rage of the Wookies. This looks like
fun stuff. Now the weird part: Lucasfilm is getting previews out to the
magazines, but the communication staff at SWG is not talking about the
expansion, nor are they using the station.sony.com boards to point out
the expansion in any of their announcements or developer talk. Weird.
They ALWAYS talk up their expansions.

All I can figure is that there is a rift. There were rumors flying
earlier of a Lucasfilm spat with Sony. I suspect that they looked at
Sony's plan to tie in with the new film and found NOTHING. That's when
they invested more heavily into the game. Lucasarts is the branch
touting this new expansion. Sony is remaining mum.

All conjecture, of course, but with recent behavior, this does raise
questions.

CH

I don't get how they could tie much in to SWG with Episode III anyway...
Episode III took place, what, 18 years before SWG is supposed to be taking
place? But then again, SWG has f'ed up the timeline so bad I'm suprised
young Obi-Wan isn't an NPC on Rori or Mace Windu isn't in the Coronet
cantina. =)

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovny

Anthony Giampa wrote:

> I don't get how they could tie much in to SWG with Episode III anyway...
> Episode III took place, what, 18 years before SWG is supposed to be taking
> place? But then again, SWG has f'ed up the timeline so bad I'm suprised
> young Obi-Wan isn't an NPC on Rori or Mace Windu isn't in the Coronet
> cantina. =)

The game is based on Star Wars, like the X-Men movies are based on
X-Men. They can and do take liberties, and that's all good with me. It
is easier to think of SWG as its own weird side-branch on the Star Wars
universe. It's not canon. It's not EU. It has its own idiosynchratic
continuity.

As for 18 year old equipment, yeah, you never see anything like that.
You never see 20 year old cars on the road, for instance, or F-15
fighters, or B-2 bombers, or space shutles, or M-16's. At 15 years old,
all equipment goes "poof!"

CH

Like my 25 yr old VW Rabbit ragtop that still runs as sweet as day 1 :)

> Anthony Giampa wrote:
>
> > I don't get how they could tie much in to SWG with Episode III anyway...
> > Episode III took place, what, 18 years before SWG is supposed to be
taking
> > place? But then again, SWG has f'ed up the timeline so bad I'm suprised
> > young Obi-Wan isn't an NPC on Rori or Mace Windu isn't in the Coronet
> > cantina. =)
> >

> The game is based on Star Wars, like the X-Men movies are based on
> X-Men. They can and do take liberties, and that's all good with me. It
> is easier to think of SWG as its own weird side-branch on the Star Wars
> universe. It's not canon. It's not EU. It has its own idiosynchratic
> continuity.
>
> As for 18 year old equipment, yeah, you never see anything like that.
> You never see 20 year old cars on the road, for instance, or F-15
> fighters, or B-2 bombers, or space shutles, or M-16's. At 15 years old,
> all equipment goes "poof!"
>
> CH

TRENDING THREADS