font folder on desktop

I believe I used tweakui to put the font folder on my desktop... now I want
it gone and it won't remove, :) also can't find where it is in tweakui and
allowed me to do that in the first place.. lol I know it's somewhere in the
registry but I have looked and can't find it.. any help always appreciated..
thanks rainy
5 answers Last reply
More about font folder desktop

    Tweakui has an option for relocating a number of Special Folders but the
    Fonts folder isn't one of them. You may have used some other method. Have
    you tried booting to Safe Mode to do the move? Another option would be to
    install MoveOnBoot it works nicely for this type of thing
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/emcomob.html
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
    >I believe I used tweakui to put the font folder on my desktop... now I want
    >it gone and it won't remove, :) also can't find where it is in tweakui and
    >allowed me to do that in the first place.. lol I know it's somewhere in the
    >registry but I have looked and can't find it.. any help always
    >appreciated.. thanks rainy

    thanks for the response... if Only I can remember how I did that!!... and
    why I thought it was a good idea..lol no it won't move in safe mode, I would
    rather not install another program... I am limited with how much space I
    have left on my computer... maybe there is a registry entry I can remove?
    thanks Rainy

    Rainy wrote:

    > thanks for the response... if Only I can remember how I did that!!...
    > and why I thought it was a good idea..lol no it won't move in safe
    > mode, I would rather not install another program... I am limited with
    > how much space I have left on my computer... maybe there is a registry
    > entry I can remove? thanks Rainy
    > "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
    >> Tweakui has an option for relocating a number of Special Folders but
    >> the Fonts folder isn't one of them. You may have used some other
    >> method. Have you tried booting to Safe Mode to do the move? Another
    >> option would be to install MoveOnBoot it works nicely for this type
    >> of thing http://www.snapfiles.com/get/emcomob.html
    >> --
    >>
    >> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    >> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >>

    >> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
    >>>I believe I used tweakui to put the font folder on my desktop... now
    >>>I want it gone and it won't remove, :) also can't find where it is in
    >>>tweakui and allowed me to do that in the first place.. lol I know
    >>>it's somewhere in the registry but I have looked and can't find it..
    >>>any help always appreciated.. thanks rainy

    If you did this a few days ago, use System Restore to return to a time
    before you moved the folder.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    thanks... not sure I want to lose the few things I have added to my computer
    between today and a few days ago.. just for an icon... I guess I will have
    to try that program... :) thanks again.. Rainy
    > Rainy wrote:
    >
    >> thanks for the response... if Only I can remember how I did that!!...
    >> and why I thought it was a good idea..lol no it won't move in safe
    >> mode, I would rather not install another program... I am limited with
    >> how much space I have left on my computer... maybe there is a registry
    >> entry I can remove? thanks Rainy
    >> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Tweakui has an option for relocating a number of Special Folders but
    >>> the Fonts folder isn't one of them. You may have used some other
    >>> method. Have you tried booting to Safe Mode to do the move? Another
    >>> option would be to install MoveOnBoot it works nicely for this type
    >>> of thing http://www.snapfiles.com/get/emcomob.html
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    >>> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >>>

    >>> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
    >>>>

    > If you did this a few days ago, use System Restore to return to a time
    > before you moved the folder.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Hi Harry.. I installed "Emco Move On Boot", but when I tried to move the
    folder to the window inside the program as they instruct,the path that shows
    is C Windows Fonts... not C:\Documents and Settings\----\Desktop so I think
    that I now have two font folders.. "Emco Move on Boot" may remove my font
    folder from windows..:( there has to be a way to remove this folder some
    other way.. hoping someone can help.. thanks Rainy

    > Tweakui has an option for relocating a number of Special Folders but the
    > Fonts folder isn't one of them. You may have used some other method. Have
    > you tried booting to Safe Mode to do the move? Another option would be to
    > install MoveOnBoot it works nicely for this type of thing
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/get/emcomob.html
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
    >>I believe I used tweakui to put the font folder on my desktop... now I
    >>want it gone and it won't remove, :) also can't find where it is in
    >>tweakui and allowed me to do that in the first place.. lol I know it's
    >>somewhere in the registry but I have looked and can't find it.. any help
    >>always appreciated.. thanks rainy

Desktops Font Microsoft Windows XP