Full tower casing...

Immortal25

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Hey ppls! Should I go full tower in order to avoid changing casing in the future if I get a new pc and stuff? Currently am using a middle tower and it's annoying when newer mobo, graphic card, cpu and also the power supply tend to be rather big and rather congested or just fitting. What do you guys think of full tower casing? Can casings last forever?

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
not unless BTX or E-ATX catches on... ATX forever methinks. nothing wrong with a good spacious mid tower anyway. i mean look at the CM 690 (ayep thats another plug from me ;)), it can fit the largest graphics cards! worlds first sli certified mid tower chassis :D

Immortal25

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
I just looked through the CM690 specs and features. It doesn't cost a bunch as the Cosmos S certainly... I suppose it's more than enough eh?
But what do you guys think of the Cosmos S? Worth the money for it?

PS: Oh yeah..kinda noob since I lost in touch with computers.. what's BTX? Heard of it but kinda unsure. And what of E-ATX? now this I've never heard of. But I do know we are using ATX currently...

BTX refers to small form factor (tiny) motherboards. EATX refers to extended (extra large) motherboards. Plain old ATX is the standard size. There's also the MATX micro version which is becoming very popular with the home theater crowd.

Some of the modern graphic cards are getting quite large resulting in a tight fit in some mid-tower cases. It depends of the case configuration. My newest case is the CoolerMaster HAF 920. It's a huge full tower case. There's plenty of room for just about any component.

kenzz0

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
ThermalTake Xaser VI aluminium - 100% future proof - nice looking, versatile, HUGE space, can acomodate ANY PSU - doesnt matter how big it is, superb cooling, tons of HDD and 5.25" slots, can accomdate liquid cooling...etc. VERY GOOD CASE - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
My TJ07 is bigger than all the cases mentioned and I can fit anything into it. Want to know a secret? It is TOO big! I can fit 2 8800 GTs 512s in a line in this damn thing, a 4870 X2 doesn't even come close to the 5.25" bays there is over 3" of space left! My old Antec 900 was much smaller, but I can still fit my 4870 X2 in it with 1" of space left. Full towers are for watercooling, servers, or people who like big cases for the sake of having a big case (me >.<!) The extra room is totally useless for me, and will always be so. I'm not saying that you should not get a full tower, just don't worry about getting a mid tower.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008

Except that it is ugly... :kaola:

No offence, many think mine is ugly too.

kenzz0

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
I dont take any offence, don't worry :) it's all depending on ppl taste....I kinda like it, looks pretty mean. I am building computers for people and this case is a real success...around 70% of my sales are going towards Xaser VI black/silver. Actually one of my home computers is built in the same case and I am very happy with it :)

Immortal25

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
lol! So if there's like 1 inch space left and pretty compact for the Graphic card and the hard drive bays or with anything else, it won't affect the cooling or ventilation?
One thing's for sure, I do notice full towers are more for enthusiasts and also water cooling. But I'm neither of those, just someone who wishes to get something nice, cool and almost 100% future-proof. Thing is, full towers do look nice.
Questions are: Will graphic cards grow ever bigger? Will the full tower be fully utilised? Any other mid towers which are equally HOT?

kenzz0

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Answers: Will Earth stop spinning? Would you rather sleep in a single or a queen bed ? Thinking of hotties, do they have to be tall to be HOT? And again thinking of hotties, you can't own one unless you show them the money! Simple: ALL YOU GET IS WHAT HAVE YOU PAID FOR :)

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
full towers look nice? some full towers are taller than they are LONG... that's just wrong :lol:

CM 690 has beautiful proportions with sleek lines accented by a front blue LED fan... hey i should be a CM salesman! :)

kenzz0

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
V3NOM please use condoms when you make love with your CM690 otherwise can induce liquid damage :) JK mate, yeah you should apply for a position in CM....BTW I like CM 690 too but it's not my favorite....

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008

I sell a lot of NZXT LEXA blacklines and now my main seller seems to be the HAF 932, people see those fans and about **** themselves on the spot! I even sold 1 Silverstone TJ07! I get tons of complements and half my "customers" want one until they see the price tag. :lol: :lol:

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

Nah i dont have one so i just jack off to a wallpaper of it... dw its a man though so no chance of him getting pregnant :sol: