Nework wizard error

adgjm

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
"Pulling hair out",
Setup 2 pc's both running XP Pro, connected by a netgear wireless
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that I could not connect to a shared external hard drive, connected to the other computer. No big deal I did not need it right then, planned on going back and reconnecting. (This is normal when I first load up, until the wireless gets completely up to speed.) Forgot about it, until a few hours ago when I needed it, still could not connect, so decided to run the network setup wizard again, it's the easiest thing to do, which is where I always start. That's when I get this error msg "Cannot complete the network setup wizard
An error occurred during configuration of hte network on this computer. You can configure your network manually, or you can run the wizard again with different settings." First of all those are the settings I need, and if I knew how to do it manually I wouldn't be using a wizard now would I? (Sorry just a little p****d off right now). That was 3 1/2 hours ago, and still have not figured it out, or found anything on the internet, including here which surprised me.
So who can tell me what's wrong, or how to do this manually which is what I normally prefer, I know it's right that way.

adgjm

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
Forgot to say Internet works fine on both, so there is a connection established, and also it worked fine for several months before quitting.