I haven't been able to sign in to MSN Messenger for two weeks. It is not
behind a firewall and I have gone through all the troubleshooter items two or
three times. The only way I can access my Hotmail account is by going through
my "favorites." Once I get there, my email is working okay. But it is a pain
not having Messenger and having to sign in for email all the time. How can I
get my icon to start working automatically like it used to? It used to sign
in all by itself.

If SP2 is installed,open xp firewall,exceptions,add program,add messenger,
IE would be a good idea also.

"oldrnwisr" wrote:

> I haven't been able to sign in to MSN Messenger for two weeks. It is not
> behind a firewall and I have gone through all the troubleshooter items two or
> three times. The only way I can access my Hotmail account is by going through
> my "favorites." Once I get there, my email is working okay. But it is a pain
> not having Messenger and having to sign in for email all the time. How can I
> get my icon to start working automatically like it used to? It used to sign
> in all by itself.

I only know Norton's firewall. How do I get to xp firewall?

oldrnwisr wrote:
> I only know Norton's firewall. How do I get to xp firewall?

Just ignore Andrew the Eejit - he's a moron and doesn't have the first clue
about anything.