Your question

Need Urgent Help

Last response: in Windows XP
March 4, 2011 4:52:34 PM

Hi
I have two Sata hard disks
On one disk I have win7/winxpPro64
On second I have win2003server/winxpPro32
When I choose disk one from Boot Option menu (when the pc just starts and you press F10 to choose boot sequence)...everything works fine.
When I choose disk two, the system loads but my mouse and keyboard doesnt work as soon as it reaches the login menu ( happens to both the OSes in the second disk )

Please help I really need to work on my ERP softwares installed in second disk as it had costed me good amount of money and time.
thanksyou.
My mobo is inteldg45id.

More about : urgent

March 4, 2011 7:24:57 PM

What about in safe mode, on the 2nd hard drive?

Can you see your software/files on the 2nd hard drive, when booting off of the 1st hard drive?
m
l
March 4, 2011 8:28:44 PM

Mouse not working after Windows starts points to motherboard/chipset drivers. Has this always happened? What if you just keep disk 2 in the system as the main one and boot off that, does it work then (unplug the first disk that worked)?
m
l
Related resources
March 5, 2011 1:18:29 AM

Yes I can see files on the second drive/s when I boot from the first.
Now the windows Xp OS in the second drive is working but
windows 2003 server still not detecting ny USB ports so i cannot work with mouse and keyboard ( in safe mode also) :( ??????
Any fixes please.Or any usb system files that i could paste from outside into the 2003 server OS...please tell.
thnks
FYI I got softwares / OSes installed on the second drive by some other guy using his PC.
m
l
March 5, 2011 6:08:12 AM

So, if I understand right, Windows 2003 is the only install which has this problem with keyboard and mouse?

The three others are good?
m
l
March 5, 2011 6:41:53 AM

yes aford10 all are good except windows 2003...should i try to get sp2 for it or get installed by someone else?
and one more question out of topic..
If i boot use the second hard disk through my e-sata port will there be any impact on speed or performance? ( if no, I think i will get an e-sata case..as it would be easier for me to root out any problems easily without having to open my cabinet again and again.)
m
l
March 5, 2011 9:26:10 PM

If you have a PS2 mouse/keyboard, try them. See if those work in the server 2003 environment.

Then you can try running this Fixit scan.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314634

And no, eSata will not slow down your hard drive's performance.
m
l
!