Voice mail now requires password!!!

Last response: in Network Providers
February 7, 2005 2:15:49 AM

My voice mail now requires that I enter my password when calling in with my cell phone.
Was working normally until yesterday.
Of course this happened on Saturday afternoon so I can't get customer service.
I've seen other posts about this but couldn't find them on google or Howard.
What causes this and what fixes it?
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:03:07 PM

"N Hamilton" <no_spamham@no_spamnc.rr.com> wrote in message news:FyxNd.67213$fE4.11541167@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> My voice mail now requires that I enter my password when calling in with
> my cell phone. Was working normally until yesterday.
> Of course this happened on Saturday afternoon so I can't get customer service.
> I've seen other posts about this but couldn't find them on google or Howard.
> What causes this and what fixes it?

I noticed this on my AT&T account shortly after my phone started
showing "Cingular" on the main screen. Finally I looked at Messages /
Voice messages / Voice mailbox number, and I found that it now had
only my phone number. I added back ppp#password, and it's fixed.
It must have changed when the new SID (and whatever) was pushed.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:38:45 AM

I would call cingular and have them check that you have the right pilot
number. I have been having problems all weekend setting up new accounts. The
only fix on the voicemail thing i can figure out is for some reason the
pilot numbers have gotten messed up.

!