Sign in with
Your question

Can you tell me what this is??

Last response: in Systems
September 29, 2008 3:47:02 AM

I found these cheap off Ebay, but I'm having trouble finding any manuals, etc. If I could identify what company this logo belongs to, it would be immensely helpful. Anyone got any ideas? Ever seen this logo before?

It's a single board computer, based on a socket 478 P4, with DDR Memory. Plugs into a ISA/PCI slot on a passive backplane. That's about all i know right now. I need some documentation about pinouts, but can't locate any info on the web.

here are some numbers on the board:

B9300600AB18710822

067-03293-0001 BIOS Rev. 2

05A360023

More about : question

September 29, 2008 3:52:41 AM

Gingerbread man? Hahaha... sorry couldn't resist. Seriously, try looking around the PCB to see if it helps (manufacturers usually print their name on it), I just can't think of anything right now.
September 29, 2008 4:21:56 AM

I haven't seen a computer on a stick in many many years. I know I know, it's not the same.

I Googled computer on a stick and got hits for a USB, clearly the term has changed.

Good luck with it.

I do have a couple old 478s around so let us know what you find.
Related resources
September 29, 2008 4:28:30 AM

ummmm.... it could be a company from Japan or China for it since they make tons of electronics
September 29, 2008 4:45:33 AM

Maybe a cousin of Jimmy Nuetron.

Space Ghost maybe lol.
September 29, 2008 1:10:27 PM

yeah, see that's the thing that puzzles me about this one. Nobody has ever seen the logo before, and when I google all the numbers on the board, they return zero results

how can anything return zero results on google? I'm beginning to think this board is alien.
September 29, 2008 2:23:23 PM

The company is called Portwell.
I think this might be the single board computer you have:
http://www.portwelllaxsons.com/ROBO-8710VLA_ipc.html

Not 100% sure that's it though, Portwell seems to have more than one website and they don't all list the same models.

Note:
I was a bit bored, so I thought I'd test my googleing skills :p 

The set of search terms that got me right to the their website was "PCI single board computer 845gv".
I noticed alot of similar boards supporting PCI/ISA and pentium 4 processors all seemed to use the 845gv chipset, so that's how that got tacked on.
September 29, 2008 11:53:47 PM

Holy cow. You are my hero!

Tom's Forums work! They really work!

!