Can you tell me what this is??

I found these cheap off Ebay, but I'm having trouble finding any manuals, etc. If I could identify what company this logo belongs to, it would be immensely helpful. Anyone got any ideas? Ever seen this logo before?

It's a single board computer, based on a socket 478 P4, with DDR Memory. Plugs into a ISA/PCI slot on a passive backplane. That's about all i know right now. I need some documentation about pinouts, but can't locate any info on the web.

here are some numbers on the board:

B9300600AB18710822

067-03293-0001 BIOS Rev. 2

05A360023
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Gingerbread man? Hahaha... sorry couldn't resist. Seriously, try looking around the PCB to see if it helps (manufacturers usually print their name on it), I just can't think of anything right now.
  2. I haven't seen a computer on a stick in many many years. I know I know, it's not the same.

I Googled computer on a stick and got hits for a USB, clearly the term has changed.

Good luck with it.

I do have a couple old 478s around so let us know what you find.
  3. ummmm.... it could be a company from Japan or China for it since they make tons of electronics
  4. Maybe a cousin of Jimmy Nuetron.

Space Ghost maybe lol.
  5. yeah, see that's the thing that puzzles me about this one. Nobody has ever seen the logo before, and when I google all the numbers on the board, they return zero results

how can anything return zero results on google? I'm beginning to think this board is alien.
  6. The company is called Portwell.
    I think this might be the single board computer you have:
    http://www.portwelllaxsons.com/ROBO-8710VLA_ipc.html

Not 100% sure that's it though, Portwell seems to have more than one website and they don't all list the same models.

Note:
    I was a bit bored, so I thought I'd test my googleing skills :P

The set of search terms that got me right to the their website was "PCI single board computer 845gv".
    I noticed alot of similar boards supporting PCI/ISA and pentium 4 processors all seemed to use the 845gv chipset, so that's how that got tacked on.
  7. Holy cow. You are my hero!

Tom's Forums work! They really work!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems