defiantclass1

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Hello,

I have 2 hard drives. Drive 1 is C: and Drive 2 is D: & E:. I installed Windows 7 on Drive 1, C:. All my documents are on D: & E: which remained untouched. When I try to install a program from an installation file located on D: I get an Access Denied Error 5 saying it cannot create the directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp......

If I copy the installation file from D: and paste it somewhere on C: and then run it, the program will install just fine.

Obviously there is a permissions issue of some sort between C: and the other drives. But I have taken Ownership of both drives with the new user account from the new build. I don't know what else I can do but take ownership and grant myself complete rights to all files and folders on the drives. Something about C: and permissions on it don't like the other drives.

Any ideas?

Thank you

defiantclass1

Distinguished
May 25, 2009

Well, I'm glad it's not just me! However, after messing around a bit longer, I found that I can not only paste installation files on C: and run them, but I have been able to paste them into other folders on D: (the originating drive) and run them.

But I have been having other difficulties with this installation as well. I think something more complex may be going on and I may just reinstall again.

I'll update later...

Thanks for the interest!

TRENDING THREADS