Need windows 7 drivers for gateway laptop 600yg2

Status
Not open for further replies.

paps1946

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Hello, I just updated one of two of these gateway laptop for my grand kids, and i can not find the video, or sound drivers, can anyone assit me on this please, Thanks

Solution
"
"

Hi , i am also a proud owner of my Gateway 600Yg2 and i have had it for quite sometime. i decided to upgrade to windows 7 as well, and so far so good, what i did was basically, installed the XP drivers provided on the gateway website, and most of them ran just fine, the only one that is not compatible in windows 7 is the sound driver:/ i have done this and the computer is working just fine :) the downfall: i cant stream any video, or watch movies,Windows 7 uses most of that video memory for itself and leaves none for the user:(. the outer bad thing is i find it...

digidino

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
"
"

Hi , i am also a proud owner of my Gateway 600Yg2 and i have had it for quite sometime. i decided to upgrade to windows 7 as well, and so far so good, what i did was basically, installed the XP drivers provided on the gateway website, and most of them ran just fine, the only one that is not compatible in windows 7 is the sound driver:/ i have done this and the computer is working just fine :) the downfall: i cant stream any video, or watch movies,Windows 7 uses most of that video memory for itself and leaves none for the user:(. the outer bad thing is i find it to be EXTREMELY slow, due to yes the non compatible drivers& the lack of utility's. Mine has a Pentium 4 2.0Ghz, and 512mb ram. and seems to run slow but just fine. so conclusion: can it run windows 7 with proper drivers?: no. can it passable to run for your bare basic needs, like internet, and word prossesing, yes.
i am soon re-instaling XP. due to the lag and drawbacks, windows xp is 10X faster than vista &7. i have learned that through many hard ways. 7 is new,XP still gets the job done no hassle :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS