Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking my system

Last response: in Overclocking
January 9, 2010 8:37:52 PM

Hi There,

I want to overclock my system, because when i am trying to play games in high settings, i can play for abt 30 minutes and then my screen freezes and the game exits.

My config
1.ASUS P4P800SE mobo
2.Intel P4@3.4ghz
3.3GB DDR400 memory
4.HIS radeon 4670 graphic card ( currently set at graphic clock@640mhz and memory is 1bg ddr3 and clock set@900mhz.

In my BIOS FSB shows 800 but in CPU-Z it shows only 199 and in my BIOS it is greyed and i can only use preset values in my BIOS (like5%,10%etc).I strongly believe that the problem is from the graphic card, i tested many clocks using the ati tool and set it where it has passed the tests. But when i am trying to play IGI2 at high settings, i am unable to play it for no longer than 30 minutes.

Any help greatly appreciated.

More about : overclocking system

a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2010 8:52:51 PM

overclocking will not fix system freezes.

you need to find out why your system is freezing, and fix that before you attempt overclocking.

from your post, i gather you currently have your GPU overclocked? if so, its probably not stable, so reduce it close to stock levels. this may stop the crashing.

the levels that auto-tune pump out are not guaranteed to be stable. you need to conduct your own tests to determine if they are.
January 10, 2010 1:50:28 PM

Hi there,
thank you so much for the reply. Yes I did overclock it but still the game freezes. The message I get is "graphic processor no longer able to follow commands from the graphic driver" then the VPU recover comes up and asks me to mail it to ATI, but I don't have a mail account so unable to send it. The next day I did reduce all the levels stock values but this time too the same problem, then thought that the heat not going out of the case well, so I added fans in front and back of the case but no change. I always get the same message everytime as said above. I also have a thought, is there any bottlenecks in my configuration, by the way my card is of the AGP slot type, I am stuck.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2010 1:52:34 AM

the problem isnt due to a bottleneck, it sounds like a driver issue. are you running the latest drivers for your video card?

January 11, 2010 7:21:54 PM

yes the latest one, i think heat is the major issue.
!