Sign in with
Your question

Dual monitor resolution problem with HD4850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 25, 2008 8:11:58 PM

I just recently upgraded my main computer and have been having some display resolution problems with Vista x64 and my HD4850. I'm running dual monitors, both identical LG W2452Ts, connected to a new, third-party-cooled Asus-built HD4850. My mainboard is an Asus P5Q Pro.
My problem is that even though the two monitors are identical, my left monitor (primary) can run at the native 1920x1200 resolution, but my right monitor (secondary) can only display at a max 1920x1080, forcing me to downstep the resolution to 1600x1200 letterbox so the image is at least clear. Both are currently connected on the VGA ports as I haven't gotten DVI cables yet, but according to both ATI's site and Asus's site that shouldn't matter anyway.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or experienced something similar?
May 25, 2009 6:41:42 PM

not sure,,,,,,, u should just get vga to dvi ADAPTORS. very cheap or free instead of cables. dont think thats your problem. i think that vista blows, i run 3 montors --2 off a 4850 never had any resolution problems of any kind. think its funny that XP costs more retail than vista may want to try a multi monitor program like ultramon it rules
!