Digital TV in many receivers

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 20, 2005 7:51:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Hello all.

This is my first post here, I hope to find the answer I need...

I live in Madrid, Spain, I'm thinking on swichting to digital tv, but I've a
doubt: is there any decoder with the capability of sending analog signel in
differnt channels?

The matter is I wanna have the qualiti signal in more than just one TV, but
the decoders I've seen are just one TV oriented. SO, the others TV I've at
home should watch the same channel os use the analogic TV.

Can anybody help me?

Thenks a lot!!!!

Fernando

More about : digital receivers

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:04:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"Fernando de la Cuadra" <fdelacuadra_quitaesto_@pandasoftware.com> wrote in
message news:37rq05F5hsc4uU1@individual.net...
> Hello all.
>
> This is my first post here, I hope to find the answer I need...
>
> I live in Madrid, Spain, I'm thinking on swichting to digital tv, but I've
> doubt: is there any decoder with the capability of sending analog signel
in
> differnt channels?
>
> The matter is I wanna have the qualiti signal in more than just one TV,
but
> the decoders I've seen are just one TV oriented. SO, the others TV I've at
> home should watch the same channel os use the analogic TV.

Not quite sure what your asking, but I have some suggestions:

1. A STB with a modulator will allow you to view the output on different
TV's around the house if you run a cable around, but of course you can only
view the channel the STB is receiving.

2. STB will soon be very cheap (EUR60), if they are not already, and if you
can afford a TV you can afford 2 STBs.

3. The cost of 2 tuners is pretty much the same as 2 STBs, there are Some
PVRs with 2 tuners but they cannot decode 2 pictures to analogue at the same
time.

--
Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Thanks for your fast response!

> 1. A STB with a modulator will allow you to view the output on different
> TV's around the house if you run a cable around, but of course you can
only
> view the channel the STB is receiving.

I know it, but there is the problem, two channels in two different TV.

> 2. STB will soon be very cheap (EUR60), if they are not already, and if
you
> can afford a TV you can afford 2 STBs.
>
> 3. The cost of 2 tuners is pretty much the same as 2 STBs, there are Some
> PVRs with 2 tuners but they cannot decode 2 pictures to analogue at the
same
> time.

That's the solution I'm thinking, but two tuners are not cheap! :-)

Where can I find more info about this PVR for two pictures?

Thanks a lot!!!

Fernando
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 2:51:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"Fernando de la Cuadra" <fdelacuadra_quitaesto_@pandasoftware.es> wrote in
message news:37tn4tF5ha5ieU1@individual.net...
> Thanks for your fast response!
>
>> 1. A STB with a modulator will allow you to view the output on different
>> TV's around the house if you run a cable around, but of course you can
> only
>> view the channel the STB is receiving.
>
> I know it, but there is the problem, two channels in two different TV.
>
>> 2. STB will soon be very cheap (EUR60), if they are not already, and if
> you
>> can afford a TV you can afford 2 STBs.
>>
>> 3. The cost of 2 tuners is pretty much the same as 2 STBs, there are
>> Some
>> PVRs with 2 tuners but they cannot decode 2 pictures to analogue at the
> same
>> time.
>
> That's the solution I'm thinking, but two tuners are not cheap! :-)

Yes they are see above. Your wire round the house can carry analog and / or
digital DTT around the house.

Even if you are talking about digital satellite, only one box needs a
postioner etc., so a second satellite receiver need only cost ~Eu100. Your
wire will need to be better.

> Where can I find more info about this PVR for two pictures?

PVR Que?

!