Best gaming mouse

kuuler

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I need a new mouse, a gaming mouse. I heard good things about the Logitech G5 and the Razer Deathadder. I need advice.

iode

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
I always like NZXT Computer Cases and they recently came out with an equally awesome gaming mouse called the Avatar.
I always like NZXT Computer Cases a...://www.nzxt.com/products/avatar_gaming_mouse/
Check it out, has pretty comparable specs to other gaming mice around. Plus, it glows blue, so if your rig has blue LED's it'll look pretty nice. Also, performs on par with its looks, has never let me down, the quick DPI switching (from 2600 down) really comes in handy when your switching from sniping (accuracy needed) or Close Quarters Combat (twitch actions needed).

G

mx500 w/ usb polling rate set to 1000

literally 10 X better than my g7 which is exactly the same as the g5 in terms of performance

next best is mx518 and then the g5

optical is loads better than lasers... its fact too

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

OK, advice... Go to your nearest B&M store, and try out a few mousies. I like the G5, same as Chookman, but you might hate it or find that your handsize is too small or somesuch. Whatever you get, do avoid the wireless models... (I hate batteries.)

Chookman, do you have the new (blue) one?

trainreks

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
G5 v2.
The one with the 2 thumb buttons.

I have both and the first one with the missing button for the thumb felt wrong.

Depends on what games you play IMO. Personally I prefer my wireless MX1000 for the 3 side buttons. I had the mx518, and the g5v2 both great mice if you prefer wired. The wow gaming mouse I think would make a great mice overall too. I saw it at blizzcon, and I couldn't stop thinking of how great 6 side buttons would be for a first person shooter.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72631

It's not out yet, but if your willing to wait it looks to be worth while. Here is manufactures site
http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/partners

My friend was into razor products. They're nice because they're symetrical great for lefties. but IMO you need to keep you hand flat on the mouse to get a good feel for it. If you like to hold your mouse with your finger tips it can get uncomfortable. Also I think razor products just feel cheap, almost as if the mouse itself was just a hollow candy shell. The logitech mx518 and the g5 have a much sturdier feel.

aziraphale

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
mx500 w/ usb polling rate set to 1000

literally 10 X better than my g7 which is exactly the same as the g5 in terms of performance

next best is mx518 and then the g5

optical is loads better than lasers... its fact too

If that is a fact then back it up please. It seems you have not understood what a laser is...

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Laser
Has higher dpi which in turn means better precison and speed
works on any surface
lower power usage
generally looks nicer :p

watcha got Opti-boy?

pmacdonald

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008

That's odd, to be honest. Logitech is known for creating a mouse good for gripping with the palm while Razer is known for creating a mouse good for gripping with the fingertips. I currently game on an MX518 and I use a fingertip grip. The mouse quality isn't up to par. Some of the rubber is starting to come off in the middle of the mouse by the sens buttons and the left click wheel has a double click now. This is after 3 MONTHS of use. I'll be going to Razer for my next mouse purchase.

I will add that logitech was kind enough to send another MX518 for no cost. They were great to deal with.

Infinity_Wasted

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
definitely get a Laser Mouse. Gaming Mice are kind of over-rated and expensive, you would actually be fine with just a Microsoft Lasr Mouse. but if you're intent on getting the best and have the money for it, get something from Logitech. if you prefer wireless mice (like I do) then you might be SOL.