Re-install of Windows XP Pro

I have just done a clean boot of Windows XP Pro but I have found that I have
now lost all my sound facilities on the computer. I have checked in device
manager and all the sound elements are shown as working properly.(It was
working perfectly before the re-install)

Has anyone any idea as to what has gone wrong and how I can swet it going?
1 answer Last reply
More about install windows

    John wrote:
    > I have just done a clean boot of Windows XP Pro but I have found that
    > I have now lost all my sound facilities on the computer. I have
    > checked in device manager and all the sound elements are shown as
    > working properly.(It was working perfectly before the re-install)
    >
    > Has anyone any idea as to what has gone wrong and how I can swet it
    > going?

    Have you gone to the manufacturer of your sound device and looked for
    updated drivers instead of just using those installed by the Windows CD at
    setup?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP