Dual SLI on Asus R.O.G Striker II Extreme?!

ReFreSh

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
Hello.

I have a question:

The motherboard Asus R.O.G Striker II Extreme has 3 PCI-E Slots.. one (The middle one) is a PCI-E normal and the other 2 are PCI-E 2.0.

Now.. i will run 2 Graphic Cards: XFX GTX-260 XXX 896MB DDR3, [PCI-E 2.0 x16 supported] , Tri-SLI in DUAL SLI mode...
But my question: When i Run in DUAL SLI mode.. the second card runs in the PCI-E Normal slot, is that a Problem... do i lose some power?!

Thanks for Informations!

ReFreSh

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
The dual gtx's dont split the line on higher end cards. Also, PCI-E 2.0 is not fully utilized in any configuration right now, so dont worry about that.

Basically your question is is there a difference using the 2.0 or the 1.0 slot with SLI. The answer is no, because the bandwith of ether is not split in SLI (because the board is high end) and because the bandwith of a PCI-E 2.0 is not needed when running a gpu, its just for future cards with higher bandwith.

And you want to use the top 2 because the SLI bridge only fits between them. Thats fine. Again, there will be no performance drop using the 1.0 slot over the 2.0 slot.