AMD Overdrive failed to start

flyboy320

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
Hello all,

I tried to install the AMD Overdrive utility on a Windows 7 machine with the following hardware:

Gigabyte ga-ma790gpt-UD3h - 790GX chipset
AMD X3 720 BE

According to the AMD website, that should be supported by the Overdrive utility. However, when I try to start the program, I get the error message "AMD OverDrive failed to start". I removed the Gigabyte Easytune 6 software thinking that that may be conflicting but the error still appears.

I have read the links about overclocking on the site and in the end will use the bios to overclock but want to see what the AMD tool has to offer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I get that error sometimes, but the next time I try to launch it, it works fine. I've checked, but I don't have any AOD options on my BIOS. It's possible you might have an older BIOS that doesn't support AOD. Otherwise, try reinstalling.

galacticman

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010

This is interesting. I have a Gigabyte MA785 GMT-UD2H Easytune 6 will not run. AMD OVerdrive won't run and displays failed to start error.

This link on AMD Overdrive may be of interest to you http://game.amd.com/us-en/content/pdf/AMD_Dragon_AM3_AM2_Performance_Tuning_Guide.pdf

Best wishes

Paul

WarDad

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
I have a dual boot system XP & W7x64. GigaByte 890gpa UDH3.
ET6 never worked and has been removed. It's flawed software anyway.

AMD Overdrive is working on W7x64 boot with no issues.

AMD Overdrive works on XP boot with Antivirus and Firewall removed.
Works with Windows firewall.
Comodo firewall is on both boots XP & W7x64.
Tried AVAST and Comodo antivirus.

P.S. I like Sygate Firewall but it won't run on this system either.