8800 gt temperature monitor?

RussianCarl

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
I have searched through forum and google but haven't found a good answer to this. What do you use to monitor the temperature of a video card? I don't trust a lot of software out there so I'd prefer a recommendation of what is best.

I am using an EVGA 8800 GT 512mb. I thought it came with an nVidia control panel that listed performance, but really the UI sucks bad. Should I get nTune? Riva Tuner? All of these cards do come with temperature sensors, correct? My motherboard is an EP35-DS3L and didn't come with any mobo monitoring software... so really, I have no clue what is best to measure my GPU's temp.

Thanks.

RussianCarl

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks, GPU-Z was exactly what I was looking for. It is just like CPU-Z... nice and lightweight.

Now, is there anyway I can turn up the fan speed on the heatsink? It shows it only at 30% but I'd like it set to near max all the time. Do EVGA 8800s automatically change fan speed settings based on temp? I have no clue.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Yes, it'll increase fan speed according to temperature. You can change fan speed manually in Rivatuner.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/rivatuner-20-fan-speed--overclock-guide/