External Hard Drive Wont Show Up?

dakallday

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
So im running windows 7 home and i just moved from my macbook to a new pc build and im trying to transfer my music and apps to itunes on the pc. The only problem is, my 320gb WD My Passport external hard drive does not show up in "my computer" therefore i can not import the music inside it. however, it does show up in disk management, but i cannot do anything to it but look at its properties. How could i get my external hard drive to show in in "my computer" so i could use it?

Solution
I believe since the External HD was formated to run on a MAC you'll need a program than will help you translate. There is differences in the way they both save and use files. There is a program called MacDrive and will allow Windows7 to see the MAC formated disc. Good luck.

SofaKingWeird

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
I believe since the External HD was formated to run on a MAC you'll need a program than will help you translate. There is differences in the way they both save and use files. There is a program called MacDrive and will allow Windows7 to see the MAC formated disc. Good luck.

Solution