Sign in with
Your question

ABIT IP35-E boot issue

Last response: in Motherboards
January 26, 2009 2:20:33 PM

For whatever reason this mb has to boot twice before it gets going.

If I shut off the computer and try to restart it, I can hear the fan spin but that is all it does.

I have to keep hitting the start button until it catches and boots and then boots again.

I have the newest bios for the mb.

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2448 MHz (9 x 272)

4 gigs of DIMM1: G Skill F2-6400CL5-2GBPQ
DIMM2: G Skill F2-6400CL5-2GBPQ

Device Description ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Win Vista Ultimate x64

The MB is set at default settings, also tried increasing the RAM voltage from v1.8 to v1.9 with negative results.

Any suggestions? Tried contacting ABIT with negative results.

Thanks

More about : abit ip35 boot issue

January 27, 2009 11:31:06 AM

im haveing a simular prob with a cold boot on the same mobo. 2 boot atemps if u boot it twice with not enough time for the bios to pass on the first boot it wipes the cosmos.... kinda anoying. anyone got any clues?. also if u disable "quick bot self check" or something along the lines of that it wont start at all. any help is apreciated :) 
January 27, 2009 11:50:26 AM

Try upping MCH voltage. Try 1.29v/1.33v. My bro uses 1.33v MCH with 4x 1Gb Corsair dominators and E6750 @ 3.4Ghz
Related resources
January 27, 2009 12:21:23 PM

hmm i havent thou of upping the chipset voltage, i will give it ago, im currenctly running a e7300 so ino the cpu voltage is rock since its a low voltage cpu. thanks for the reply :) 
January 27, 2009 3:34:51 PM

MMclachlan said:
Try upping MCH voltage. Try 1.29v/1.33v. My bro uses 1.33v MCH with 4x 1Gb Corsair dominators and E6750 @ 3.4Ghz

CPU core voltage is already set at 1.325V

Field Value
CPU Properties
CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2448 MHz (9 x 272)
CPU Alias Conroe
CPU Stepping B2
Instruction Set x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3
Original Clock 2400 MHz
Min / Max CPU Multiplier 6x / 9x
Engineering Sample No
L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core
L2 Cache 4 MB (On-Die, ECC, ASC, Full-Speed)

Multi CPU
Motherboard ID OEM00000 PROD00000000
CPU #1 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2448 MHz
CPU #2 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2448 MHz

CPU Physical Info
Package Type 775 Contact LGA
Package Size 3.75 cm x 3.75 cm
Transistors 291 million
Process Technology 8M, 65 nm, CMOS, Cu, Low-K Inter-Layer, 2nd Gen Strained Si
Die Size 143 mm2
Core Voltage 1.325 V
I/O Voltage 1.325 V
Typical Power 65 W @ 2.40 GHz
Maximum Power 99.4 W @ 2.40 GHz

CPU Manufacturer
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/processor

CPU Utilization
CPU #1 / Core #1 4 %
CPU #1 / Core #2 3 %
January 29, 2009 12:17:14 PM

MCH is chipset or northbridge voltage, not CPU voltage! CPU voltage is called Vcore. Look in your BIOS and you will see the MCH option.
January 29, 2009 12:18:50 PM

MMclachlan said:
MCH is chipset or northbridge voltage, not CPU voltage! CPU voltage is called Vcore. Look in your BIOS and you will see the MCH option.

Yes my bad, I will check on that.

Thanks
February 11, 2009 11:46:08 AM

there is a bios update needed. aparantly with the IP35-pro the 1.3 beta bios fixes the dual boot.

but i cant find a download for the XE or any info on beta realeases. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks :) 
February 11, 2009 2:31:23 PM

dtombb said:
there is a bios update needed. aparantly with the IP35-pro the 1.3 beta bios fixes the dual boot.

but i cant find a download for the XE or any info on beta realeases. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks :) 

This is the IP35-E not the PRO.

Not sure if the bios are different but I have the newest one from ABIT for the IP-35 E and it didn't help.
February 12, 2009 12:37:34 PM

no i think its the beta ones, there in the forums i think on abits site but its ofline atm -.-. ino abit has had a problems like this with a few of there products. the ip35 range are very simular and some infact only vairy in bug fixes. so i expect its a range family related problem :S. witch is not good. im lookin at a asus rampage anyway since this ones givin me nothing but jip.........
February 12, 2009 12:45:29 PM

dtombb said:
no i think its the beta ones, there in the forums i think on abits site but its ofline atm -.-. ino abit has had a problems like this with a few of there products. the ip35 range are very simular and some infact only vairy in bug fixes. so i expect its a range family related problem :S. witch is not good. im lookin at a asus rampage anyway since this ones givin me nothing but jip.........

Trying to get anything out of ABIT is a real pain.

Their forums have been down forever and if I try to email tech support, it just bounces back to me.

Whatever email is on their www is nfg.
February 12, 2009 1:58:48 PM

yea ino ive been scouting the google seas for anything about the beta bios but.... nout. tbh i dont no what else to do. would be nice if abit sorted the issues out n gave us the update we needed.

but for now i recon its guna have to be a new mobo... since abit is out of the mobo game.
February 12, 2009 2:51:04 PM

dtombb said:
yea ino ive been scouting the google seas for anything about the beta bios but.... nout. tbh i dont no what else to do. would be nice if abit sorted the issues out n gave us the update we needed.

but for now i recon its guna have to be a new mobo... since abit is out of the mobo game.

Supposedly the double boot issue is known to ABIT and has been some time.

They supposedly released fixes in 2007 the last being the a18 version from June 08.

I have this and it still double boots.

I found the bin for the beta bios. Here's the link: http://www.abitshop.eu/bios/m630a.bin

Not sure if I will try it, from what little I could find on it, it supposedly has to Do with EO Stepping issues.

You can also check this : http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2...

If you find any further info let me know please.
February 13, 2009 2:14:33 PM

oo cheers for the site the only thing is i wont put it on as i have a XE pro :S so i dont want to dive into the unknown there to much, could be an expensive mistake lol.

well people with the q6600 seem to absoluty love the board. so sounds as if it could be the higher steping not being so much axcepted and supported.

well il keep posted if i find some sort of a problem solve..
April 10, 2009 2:40:16 AM

This board is a PITA...I have had "cold boot" issue for a long time. Except heating up the mobo doesn't help. Had to restart last night, now board won't POST. Changed memory, no go. Changed PSU, no go. So tonight I took out my 8800GTS and put my old 7600GT in it. It posted, so I put it all back together and set it up...no POST! Took the 8800GTS to my wife's PC...works fine.

Turned this thing off and on so many times now...removed CMOS battery, unplugged it for hours. No go...

Don't want to spend the $100 on a new Gigabyte...but looks like I'll have to. This was my first and only Abit board...glad they went out of business personally!
!