Korean Vacation - Buy some Electronics? Which?

bigbeef2604

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
My girlfriend is in Korea for visiting a friend for the next week. I was thinking about having her look into what a Samsung 305t 30" monitor will cost there since they're made in korea. Then I'd have her carry it on the plane w/ her.
Is it likely to be cheaper there since Samsung is in Korea? She's in Seoul if that makes a difference.
Is there anything else I should look into?
Thanks for any suggestions.

bigbeef2604

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Well I figured asking on here someone might have some experience with Korean prices. She has a pretty busy schedule while down there so rather than having her look all over for the monitor prices on her vacation I'm going to try to get some kind of reference first.
Has anyone been there or is anyone from there and know?

bigbeef2604

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
I dont think it'd be a problem - but if it was I'd have her wrap it up and put it in her bag. She has an extra bag that she brought to bring her friend that she's visiting some gifts.

The 305T is very large, and perhaps delicate. I would suggest that it be kept in the original box.
I took a 24" monitor on the airplane as baggage once, in it's own box, and that was the only way the airline would take it. It is a great monitor.