Looking for mobo suggestions for first build/overclock.

jmwilliams

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I originally bought a MSI P43 Neo3-F (PCB 1.0) but after doing a little more research on the bboards I've found that it's not that great of a mobo. Could anyone point me in the direction of some good candidates for someone working on their first build and will also be attempting my first overclock (if everything goes as planned)?

Here's was I was looking for:
A good quality respected brand. MSI seems to be a negative and I'd like my first build to be a positive experience so I was thinking ASUS or maybe Gigabyte?

Will be used for C2D/C2Q not sure which yet.

Takes DDR2 800 RAM(at least 8 GB)

At least 1 eSATA and PATA Connection

6 SATA prefered

Good overclocking options and easy BIOS setup

And here is the kicker.... I'd like to spend less than $150 if possible. If it's on Amazon, even better because that's where I bought my original one and when I send it back they will just credit my account because I used a gift card.

Any help would be very appreciated. Oh and I'm new at knowing what to look for (as you can probably tell) so if you have any questions about my needs please ask.

P.S. no i7 boards lol I'd rather not shell out the money for 3 more sticks of RAM. AMD is not my first choice unless someone gives me a compelling reason to switch.

jmwilliams

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
No I don't have to but I'm on a budget and $100 off the total price is welcome. I could use it for the video card or PSU though.