I'm planning on OC'ing my athlon ii x4 620 and want to get an after market cooler. i was looking at this one, however some reviews say that it is really hard to install now because they changed something about it?
anyhoo, any suggestions on a cooler i should get, or if i should stick with the one i linked? i would like it to be around $30 like this one. no more than $40.
Both show 89% Good and Excellent reviews at newegg. I've been successfully using the AC model on three different boards for over 3 years. It removes heat at a reasonable price (and they won't sell you an old one, it'll be brand new!
The problem with the Freezer 7 is the 92mm fan and the fact that you can get a better cooler for the same price .... I have used several Freezers and I came to the conclusion that they are great for dual cores. For a quad get something better....
Frostytech.com has updated their list (it's been a week+ already I think).
1. Tuniq Tower Extreme 120 $62
2. Prolimatech Megahalems (80cfm fan, Sunbeam's Core-Contact Freezer) $60~+$39.99 for CCF's fan... AGA12025F121<-- fan number
3. Thermolab BARAM (80cfm fan, Sunbeam's Core-Contact Freezer fan) $50 USD+$39.99 for the CCF's fan lol, unless you can find it for sale elsewhere AGA12025F121 <-- fan number..
4. 3Rsystem Iceage 120 Boss II $60
5. Titan TTC-NK85TZ $40
6. Thermolab BARAM (*stock fan) $50
7. Core-Contact Freezer (stock fan) $39.99 free shipping newegg and mail in rebate $15 ($36 taken from Frostytech, where idk)
8. Spire Thermax II $40
9. Xigmatek HDT-S1283 (AKA Xigmatek Dark Knight) $55 (I actually picked one up from Fry's for $27.98). It did not fit my setup with my older case (cheap XG Sidewinder 2) because of the ram's elongated heat spreader.
10. Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus $29.99 free shipping Newegg. Frostytech has it listed as $32 from some other retailer or etailer.