Question on ram timings

hello everyone have a quesion about memory timings. I recently upgraded to 4GB of Corsair PC6400 800mhz dual channel (2x2GB) memory (link below). before i got the chips i went and researched how to setup the ram for my mobo and found the memory seems to be unstable for this mobo without upping the voltage it 2.85v. did that and no issues. Now what I am wanting to find out is some users of this memory have said they were able to get timings of 4-4-4-12 but was only able to have a stable system now from 5-5-5-18 which were the timings printed on the modules. so i am trying to find out if anyone who has this memory were able to tweak it to 4-4-4-12 with success or is it only possible when overclocking

link to memory
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=C13-6082

system:

Thermaltake Matrix mid-tower case
Thermaltake tough power 600W PSU
Asus P5N-E SLI
intel core 2 quad Q6600 G0 stepping
4GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400 TwinX
BFG Geforce 8600 gt OC TI 512MB
Windows Vista Ultimite 64-bit

2.85V? That has to be a typo. If you meant 1.85V, then increase the voltage in small increments up to the maximum that the modules allow to see if they'll be stable.

You can't really expect memory that's rated at 5-5-5-18 to run at 4-4-4-12 at 800Mhz. If you want memory that runs reliably at 4-4-4-12, it's much easier to buy modules guaranteed to run at those timings, preferably at 1.8V. That way you can always increase the voltage a bit if need be.

the thing is when i went around to many forums they said for my mobo some users were having problems running 800mhz ram when they didn't set the timings manually and were told to run the ram at 2.0v or 2.085v and is even recommended by Corsair. but i did figure that the 4-4-4-12 wasn't really possible anyway. i will just stick with the stock timings. thanks for the reply