Geforce 9800 GTX+ Problem, no display.

panozer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Hi folks.
I have a problem with my newly purchased 9800 GTX+. I actually just built a new computer that works just fine with my old PCI (NONexpress) video. When i plug the GTX+ into the PCIe slot, the computer boots up, does its regular POST beeps, but not display. I know for sure its the video card problem, but what could it be.
My power supply is 650W Antec, 19A on 12V rail. I did try to reset my cmos memory. Thanks in advance for ur responces.

panozer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
yes 2x6pin, geen light (as oposed to red with insuffitient power) is lit.

And also, when i run my computer with my old graphics card having the new one plugged in, bios detects it.
it says negotiated width x0 under the PCIe primary slot, while secondary slot says not connected as it should cuz there is nothing in there, Im not sure what the negotiated width x0 means.

ghmage

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
It would be either two x8 or one x16.. so put it into the one x16. That is, with one video card the motherboard uses all the bandwidth for one slot and puts one at x0.

panozer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah but im not even using 2nd PCIe card, it just regular PCI and it works, while PCIe doesnt and still have bandwidth x0? I dont understand this.. =(

ghmage

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Move the card to the other x16 slot.

Forget the PCI card.
Two PCIE cards would make two x8 channels.
One PCIE card - such as what you have - makes a single x16 channel - and it doesn't sound like you are in that channel.

panozer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Nope, motherboard manual states that it is the primary slot, and it also says that both PCIe slots are x16, but i should put it in the primary slot for best performance.
Do you think this could be the PSU issue? i mean isnt 19A on 12V rail kinda low? Im leaning towards that, maybe i should try buying a cheaper and less power draining PCIe card and check if it works.

panozer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Hey, I have a question for you, is it normal that it shows me that video card as Negotiated Width x0 in bios, does this mean its functional? Maybe there is something wrong with DVI to VGA setup?