HP Pav hv6000 OC

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 with an Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66GHz processor. I am wanting to play the new star trek game that's coming out but the minimum requirements call for 1.8GHz. Is there anyway to OC my current processor for that extra .2GHz?
4 answers Last reply
More about hv6000
  1. I don't know how to oc a laptop. But ghz really don't matter in cpu comparisons as much as model comparisons; ghz is only useful for comparing two pentium chips or two core i7 chips, that kind of thing. I would just buy the game because despite the clock rate, it's a nice processor, but that's just me.
  2. Maybe. If you can't access those settings in the BIOS I would say no. But the 1.8 Ghz usually means that those are the recommended settings that if you have less it should be fine but you may have to run it on low settings. That happened with my old mac. Computer manufactures don't want you to overclock unless they do it for you because you could buy the cheaper processor and it could potentially be as good/better than the more expensive option. Good Luck!
  3. I can't see you having much success OC'ing a laptop nor would I consider it a good idea.
  4. thanks for the tips guys. I hope I can run it with out OC'in the laptop. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm DL'ing the beta to the game now so we should know in a few hours or so.

Ava.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Hewlett Packard Processors HP Pavilion Overclocking