Annoying Buzzing Sound that syncs with Frame Rate

Whenever I play any game I can hear this buzzing sound that correlates directly to the frame-rate. The more FPS i get, the faster/higher frequency the buzzing sound is. How can I get rid of this?

Graphics card is MSI Nvidia 8800 GTS OC 512MB
Audio is integrated Realtek ALC662 on Biostar MOBO.

Pls Help...I don't even bother running FRAPS anymore, I just listen to the buzzing and I can tell you my frame-rate within +/- 5 FPS. :wahoo:
6 answers Last reply
More about annoying buzzing sound syncs frame rate
  1. Ground your headphones/speakers properly or buy new ones.
  2. Cool!
    Maybe now Biostar will in clude that "feature" on all future motherboards. :D

EDIT:
    Meant Biostar, not MSI... I was sleepy last night!
  3. Cross talk between your sound and PCI-E circuits, perhaps? Biostar isn't exactly a top of the line brand so it's not a huge stretch to think things aren't as insulated as they should be.

Other than that, I have absolutely no idea =)
  4. efeat said:
    Cross talk between your sound and PCI-E circuits, perhaps? Biostar isn't exactly a top of the line brand so it's not a huge stretch to think things aren't as insulated as they should be.

So you think if I got a sound card it would solve my problems? I thought I was saving some bucks by going with this MOBO (only 80$) Now I guess it will end up costing me.
  5. If cross talk is indeed the problem, a new sound card would probably fix it. However, I was just speculating/guesstimating so I don't feel comfortable recommending you to do anything based on that. If you wanted to try it though, feel free. A basic card isn't nearly as expensive as you'd think, so you'd probably still be saving money. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010360057%204093&name=%2410%20-%20%2425

Again, I'm just pulling at straws and can't be blamed if you buy a new sound card but that doesn't fix anything :kaola:
    Hopefully someone else can chime in with something more experience based.
  6. My current motherboard will emit a very low buzzing noise whenever a case speaker is plugged in, I just unplugged the case speaker at first and later I got a hold of a creative audigy2 zs when a friend upgraded to an X-Fi.

You might want to try unplugging some things from your motherboard(like from the front panel) to see if something there could be causing the problem, or you could just invest in a sound card.

Also, a somewhat unrelated comment, people that say that current on-board audio sounds just as good(or anywhere near it) as add-in boards need to have their hearing checked.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product