c2java

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
so im playing Bully Scholarship Edition (love it) and it crashes ( "The instruction at "0x008872ad" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"." ) then i try launching the game again and it doesn't work. it tells me that my card isnt good enough for them (geforce 7900gs) although it worked perfectly fine before (before the crash ofcourse) then i try launching any other game i have installed (company of heroes, civ4 colonization, hell's highway) and none of them work either. they all say how i should install the nvidia drivers or directx although i installed the newest versions of both this morning (used guru3d driver wiper to uninstall old nvidia drivers). so then i decide that im gonna ask for your help but first i wanna get a virus scan (just to eliminate the possibility) so i download AVG (never had virus or spyware problems before) and im trying to install it and it gives me:

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avgldx86.sys: starting service....
Memory allocation failed.

(i would try installing AVG again but it asks me to close firefox so ill do that after posting) few hours passed (didnt restart the pc) and im writing this post and i try running Bully just for the kicks of it and it works... ...for 15 minutes, then it crashes again...
by the way after rebooting the pc the games work but when Bully Scholarship Edition crashes again all of starts all over again.
i find this games (and av installers) not working a very random and mysterious thing.
this is a very frustrating problem considering that far cry 2 just came out..
pls help and sry for such a long post.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
1st check all connections in side of case,2nd run memtest,"the instruction at,,,," is a ram error,,maybe scandisk and defrag your hdd??,,:)

c2java

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
thanks, gonna do that. by the way i tried installing AVG a couple more times and it still doesnt work.

c2java

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
checked the connections, seemed fine. ran the memtest86+ after ~45 minutes it put up a sign "Pass complete, no errors found. Press ESC to exit" (or something like that) so i did and here i am waiting for your guidance :/

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Bully Scholarship Edition is buggy as all hell. It is likely that there are coding errors that are causing the issue.

Just my opinion, mine (and others) get stuck in a video loop at the beginning of the game and can't play at all. It needs a patch, badly. It *could* be overheating, except that would not cause the errors launching programs that you are seeing. More likely a memory leak in the code or something along those lines.

Basically I'm roughly 95% sure it is the game and not your system.

c2java

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
yeah, i doubt about the overheating cause in my experience overheating leads to blue screen of death and in my case i just get the 'memory cant be read' thing..
kamel5547, could Bull Scholarship Edition's coding even after it crashes (presuming that it's a coding problem) mess up my whole "session" (that's how i call the "windows environment" until reboot, after the reboot another "session" starts)? lol hope i made my question clear ^^

azn_sicko

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
i have the excat same problem with warcraft 3 and wow... and all my other games... ram memtest at regular test, everything passed, all connection was good... temperature for cpu around 27 - 31 temperature for gpu at 59 idle and 66 running at full details in wow and w3

here are my specs... gforce ultra 8800 2gb 800mhz q6600 600wpsu

styll beeing researching, but nothing works

G

I have the same problem. :( I've played Bully about 5 hours and than appears this error and i can't play any more..(