Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 compability

Last response: in Storage
March 7, 2010 12:00:16 AM

Hello,
I am considering purchasing a NETGEAR READYNAS RND2210-100NAS. Any major compatibility issues with Windows7 32 Bit OS?
I intend to access my libraries locally and remotely?

More about : windows compability

March 8, 2010 4:28:42 PM

Hello robderso,

Also, did you check compatibility with Windows 7?
Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibilty.)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/de...
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support
m
l
March 8, 2010 4:49:34 PM

Hi John M.,

Yes, I did check Windows 7 Compatibility site. The subject item was not listed. Several other NETGEAR NAS devices were listed. The unit Just arrived today. I will install it this afternoon. Documentation indicates it to be Vista compatible. I will also follow your recommedation to visit the Microsoft Tech site. Hope it will install and fuction well as expected.

Thanks for you responce,

Robert D.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 9, 2010 7:57:02 PM

Hi John,

Concerns resolved. I Installed the NETGEAR READYNAS RND2210-100NAS on a PC running Windows7 32 Bit OS. All is smooth for as hoped. I am still refining the software set up, in general all is fine. I read some critical pre purchase reviews that game me the impression to expect trouble. Hope all will continue after fine tuning the application. Possibly this product can be added to the Windoes7 32bit compatibility list.

Thank you for your help,

Robert
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
March 23, 2010 3:59:53 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
m
l
!