Sign in with
Your question

Can someone hack into your webcam and watch you when your using it?

Last response: in Toms Network
May 22, 2009 6:06:45 AM

Ok. Gonna cut right to the chase. In the past when my girlfriend and I (who live in different states when we are not at college) had gone a long while without seeing eachother, we got into the habit of getting naughty on our webcams occasionally when we did video chats. Then she heard from someone that it is possible to hack into a webcam and watch a video that was meant to be between the two of us. Is this possible, and if so, how high is the risk? Should I be worried that I have unintentionally released nude images of my girlfriend and I onto the web? Please help.

More about : hack webcam watch

May 22, 2009 6:10:12 AM

It should also be known that neither of us used our webcams for anything except for talking to eachother. I thought that that meant we were safe. Is that a safe assumption?
m
l
May 22, 2009 6:11:58 AM

It should also be known that neither of us used our webcams for anything except for talking to eachother. I thought that that meant we were safe. Is that a safe assumption?
m
l
Related resources
May 22, 2009 5:37:31 PM

I have never heard of anything like this happening, but heck anything is possible. I highly doubt that you would be targeted for something like this.
m
l
July 8, 2009 1:53:39 AM

Unfortunately, nothing is impossible, but you probably have better chances of getting hit by a car.

Keeping both PCs clean of any malware and viruses should be more than enough.
m
l
!