Works will not allow me to start a new document.

I typed an address label document and now it keeps coming up every time I try
to open a new blank document. It will not close no matter what I do.

Thanks in advance for your help.
5 answers Last reply
More about works start document

    Dee wrote:
    > I typed an address label document and now it keeps coming up every
    > time I try to open a new blank document. It will not close no matter
    > what I do.

    Not a Windows XP problem.
    You will get a better response from a group specifically for Microsoft Works
    (it is not a native part of Windows XP in any fashion.)

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    True, there is a WORKS group, but to save a minute, I'll bet
    he saved the label as a template.

    some support

    | Dee wrote:
    | > I typed an address label document and now it keeps
    coming up every
    | > time I try to open a new blank document. It will not
    close no matter
    | > what I do.
    |
    | Not a Windows XP problem.
    | You will get a better response from a group specifically
    for Microsoft Works
    | (it is not a native part of Windows XP in any fashion.)
    |
    | --
    | Shenan Stanley
    | MS-MVP
    | --
    | How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    or normal.dot or Works equiv. thereof

    Jim Macklin wrote:
    > True, there is a WORKS group, but to save a minute, I'll bet
    > he saved the label as a template.

    Possibly so - but I would not have known to suggest that - thus my initial
    suggestion. *grin*

    Plus - once someone finds there is a group such as that and they have
    already asked one question - they may have many others better answered there
    as well. =)

    Hopefully your quick answer will get them where they need to be.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    All very true. I use Outlook Express as my news reader and
    msnews.com is the server. You can find any group by key
    word and subject and then subscribe to that group.

    some support

    | Dee wrote:
    | > I typed an address label document and now it keeps
    coming up every
    | > time I try to open a new blank document. It will not
    close no
    | > matter what I do.
    |
    | Shenan Stanley wrote:
    | > Not a Windows XP problem.
    | > You will get a better response from a group specifically
    for
    | > Microsoft Works (it is not a native part of Windows XP
    in any
    | > fashion.)
    |
    | Jim Macklin wrote:
    | > True, there is a WORKS group, but to save a minute, I'll
    bet
    | > he saved the label as a template.
    |
    | Possibly so - but I would not have known to suggest that -
    thus my initial
    | suggestion. *grin*
    |
    | Plus - once someone finds there is a group such as that
    and they have
    | already asked one question - they may have many others
    better answered there
    | as well. =)
    |
    | Hopefully your quick answer will get them where they need
    to be.

    | --
    | Shenan Stanley
    | MS-MVP