Works will not allow me to start a new document.

Tags:
  • Document
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 11, 2005 2:00:01 AM

I typed an address label document and now it keeps coming up every time I try
to open a new blank document. It will not close no matter what I do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

More about : works start document

Anonymous
September 11, 2005 4:13:41 AM

Dee wrote:
> I typed an address label document and now it keeps coming up every
> time I try to open a new blank document. It will not close no matter
> what I do.

Not a Windows XP problem.
You will get a better response from a group specifically for Microsoft Works
(it is not a native part of Windows XP in any fashion.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

True, there is a WORKS group, but to save a minute, I'll bet
he saved the label as a template.

some support

| Dee wrote:
| > I typed an address label document and now it keeps
coming up every
| > time I try to open a new blank document. It will not
close no matter
| > what I do.
|
| Not a Windows XP problem.
| You will get a better response from a group specifically
for Microsoft Works
| (it is not a native part of Windows XP in any fashion.)
|
| --
| Shenan Stanley
| MS-MVP
| --
| How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
| http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

September 11, 2005 5:32:24 AM

or normal.dot or Works equiv. thereof

news:o ls%23cqptFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> True, there is a WORKS group, but to save a minute, I'll bet
> he saved the label as a template.

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> | Dee wrote:
> | > I typed an address label document and now it keeps
> coming up every
> | > time I try to open a new blank document. It will not
> close no matter
> | > what I do.
> |
> | Not a Windows XP problem.
> | You will get a better response from a group specifically
> for Microsoft Works
> | (it is not a native part of Windows XP in any fashion.)
> |
> | --
> | Shenan Stanley
> | MS-MVP
> | --
> | How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Anonymous
September 11, 2005 5:42:06 AM

Jim Macklin wrote:
> True, there is a WORKS group, but to save a minute, I'll bet
> he saved the label as a template.

Possibly so - but I would not have known to suggest that - thus my initial
suggestion. *grin*

Plus - once someone finds there is a group such as that and they have
already asked one question - they may have many others better answered there
as well. =)

Hopefully your quick answer will get them where they need to be.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

All very true. I use Outlook Express as my news reader and
msnews.com is the server. You can find any group by key
word and subject and then subscribe to that group.

some support

!