Asus Rampage Formula motherboard
Gigabyte HD4870x2 (pain in the ass gpu)
Q6600
500GB Hard Drive
2x HP Personal Media Drives 320GB
Zalman 750w PSU
Raidmax Sirius system case

I've downloaded a video on youtube with the performance

Please can some help i have had this problem since i purchased the HD4870x2 about 3 weeks ago i have tried everthing(downloaded all the latest drivers for all the things connected to my pc including keyboard and mouse and even monitor).

Please could someone help as this is really starting to piss me off, i have been on other websites and people have roughly the same as mine including CPU, Motherbopard, and GPU.

P.S In have laso downloaded some driver updates programs to see which hard i have is out of date and all of them including DriveAgent have resulted in the following being out of date:

HID-compliant consumer control device
Intel(R) ICH9 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926
Intel(R) ICH9 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920
Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
SM Bus Controller (has yellow question mark in DriverAgent and Windows Device Manager)
High Definition Audio Device
Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29E0 (but according to asus and other websites this should be a Intel x48 chipset)
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 294A
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2948
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 2944
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 2940
2x Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
6x Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller

Regards
Lee

lee2008

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
My specs:
Asus Rampage Formula motherboard
Gigabyte HD4870x2 (pain in the ass gpu)
Q6600
500GB Hard Drive
2x HP Personal Media Drives 320GB
Zalman 750w PSU
Raidmax Sirius system case

I've downloaded a video on youtube with the performance
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vGWSbRgSLVQ

Please can some help i have had this problem since i purchased the HD4870x2 about 3 weeks ago i have tried everthing(downloaded all the latest drivers for all the things connected to my pc including keyboard and mouse and even monitor).

Please could someone help as this is really starting to piss me off, i have been on other websites and people have roughly the same as mine including CPU, Motherbopard, and GPU.

P.S In have laso downloaded some driver updates programs to see which hard i have is out of date and all of them including DriveAgent have resulted in the following being out of date:

HID-compliant consumer control device
Intel(R) ICH9 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926
Intel(R) ICH9 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920
Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
SM Bus Controller (has yellow question mark in DriverAgent and Windows Device Manager)
High Definition Audio Device
Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29E0 (but according to asus and other websites this should be a Intel x48 chipset)
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 294A
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2948
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 2944
Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 2940
2x Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
6x Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller

Regards
Lee

Did you uninstall the old drivers and software befreo installing the new? If not, then it's a driver/software issue. If you did, then you may have done something wrong or missed uninstalling something.

get a driver cleaner and be sure to completely un-install any gpu related drivers and uninstall and related software thru Add/Remove option on the Control Panel.

you may also need to uninstall/reinstall the mobo chipset drivers.

do not use those driver updates app to tell you what drivers you need. Know your hardware and ALWAYS download/install the drivers you need from the manufacturer's website.

verify that there are no apps running in the background (virus scans, defraggers, etc..) that could suck up resources and verify that there you are virus/malware/spyware free.

The Hegemon

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
Sounds like something is defective (though it could be PSU, Mobo, or GPU). What settings were you running Crysis at? If you were running it all maxed out at maximum resolution 32 fps is not surprising.

lee2008

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
yeah but i dont expect 2 fps from an hd4870x2 running settlers,

chunkymonster, if i format the hard drive would the old drivers still be on there because i've done the format and reinstallation of windows the motherboard, gpu and chipsets god knows how many times.

lee2008

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
chunkymonster i wont download any of the drivers that the programs are telling me i need like driveagent but i was wondering if the pci express root port drivers being out of date would have an effect on the performance of my graphics card